Solved

Eurostar Seat Booking

• 29 October 2021
  • 3 replies

I am trying to book a seat reservation on the Eurostar for 22nd December. I have already purchased an Interrail Global pass so I only need the seat reservation but the Interrail website says the carrier has not yet released the train times so I am unable to book the seat reservation. Meanwhile the full tickets including seat reservation are increasing in price. I am concerned that I do not know when and how many seat reservations may be released for purchase, and that if I need to book a full ticket despite having the Interrail pass, (e.g. because the seat reservations book up as soon as they are released so I miss the opportunity or the seats book up so no seat reservations are released for that day to interrail), then I am running out of time to do so. The prices are already expensive. Can anyone help with this, e.g. provide information on when seat reservation will be released and if they may all book up and not be released at all?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 29 October 2021, 14:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am trying to book a seat reservation on the Eurostar for 22nd December. I have already purchased an Interrail Global pass so I only need the seat reservation but the Interrail website says the carrier has not yet released the train times so I am unable to book the seat reservation.

That information is outdated. I see plenty of available seats on the Belgian railways’ booking site for Eurostar/Thalys pass fares. This website has a 4 EUR extra charge per booking (Interrail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per seat).

You can also call Belgian railways. In that case, there's no extra charge but you'll have to pay for the phone call; the reservation will be sent as a PDF.

The Belgian railways website requires me to enter the Pass Cover number but since I only have a digital pass I do not have a Pass Cover number. Any suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can request a pass cover number here:

Submit a request – Interrail/Eurail support

You can also use ACP Rail, where the extra charge is EUR 2.40 per seat; they don't seem to need a pass cover number.