Solved

Eurostar Brussels - London counts as outbound ticket. Is this correct?

• 30 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello!

I'm traveling with a global pass (2month - 15 travel day), I have the mobile pass. I'm a French traveler. I've starting my trip and I'm currently in brussel. I need to be in London next week. However, when I want to book a train on the app, it is counted as an outbound ticket, because my train is passing through my country of residence. Is it normal?

Thanks you in advance 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 30 April 2022, 15:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, that is normal. You can only travel in your country of residence on 2 of your travel days.

If you need more travel days in your country of residence, then you need to buy extra tickets from the border, or, if that's not possible, from/to the last station abroad. So think about which journeys you need to make in/through France and use your pass for the most expensive ones.

I’m also interested in this question (mostly theoretically). Is a French-resident global pass valid on a Eurostar train from London to Brussels that does not stop on the way (in particular not in Lille)? An example of such a train is the first one of the day departing at 07:41.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Dominik Peters If you take the Eurostar from Brussels to London that will count as both an inbound and an outbound journey for a passholder with France as country of residence. 

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/what-is-interrail/travel-your-own-country

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Dominik Peters 

Apparently the info in the link I added above is wrong. Only one day of travel in your country of residence will be used if you transit the country.