Solved

Finding a booking reference number on a paper ticket

• 28 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I am a travel agent and booking train travel on behalf of my clients, one of whom uses a wheelchair.  They both have Eurail passes, but they want seat reservations on all the trains so they don’t have to do anything themselves. 

The tickets that are eTickets are fine because I can see the reference number, which I use to go to the individual rail provider websites to change their seats to wheelchair seats. 
However, on the printed tickets, they will be receiving them, in a month!! I can’t wait that long to make the changes to their seats.  How do I figure out what their booking reference is on these tickets??

icon

Best answer by Marion 2 May 2022, 15:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hello,

I am a travel agent and booking train travel on behalf of my clients, one of whom uses a wheelchair.  They both have Eurail passes, but they want seat reservations on all the trains so they don’t have to do anything themselves. 

The tickets that are eTickets are fine because I can see the reference number, which I use to go to the individual rail provider websites to change their seats to wheelchair seats. 
However, on the printed tickets, they will be receiving them, in a month!! I can’t wait that long to make the changes to their seats.  How do I figure out what their booking reference is on these tickets??

Hi Sarah, Unfortunately, the reference number can only be found on the paper pass. When are they due to travel? On a side note, you may at to have a look at this document about travel with reduced mobility throughout our pass network. Cheers,

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So, I couldn’t make seat reservations without first booking the ticket through Eurail. It’s a whole thing. 

When you book reservations through Eurail, then you have to buy a pass first indeed.

But there are also other possibilities to book reservations. Sometimes you don't need to buy a pass first and sometimes you can book an e-reservation when Eurail can only issue a paper reservation.

However, I can’t see the paper tickets to look for the reference number, that’s my problem.  Do I have to wait for the paper tickets to arrive or can someone help me?

There should be a known reference somewhere. Isn't it mentioned in the reservations overview? I don't know, since I've booked my reservations elsewhere so far.

So, I couldn’t make seat reservations without first booking the ticket through Eurail. It’s a whole thing.  However, I can’t see the paper tickets to look for the reference number, that’s my problem.  Do I have to wait for the paper tickets to arrive or can someone help me?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Usually the booking reference is a 7-letter DNR code or 6-letter PNR code.

You should also be aware that reservations that Eurail issues on paper are sometimes available electronically (and cheaper anyway) elsewhere.