Solved

France Transport National Strike - Oct. 17-23: Impact on travel

• 10 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Does anybody have information regarding a Transport National Strike in France starting Oct. 17 and running through Oct. 23?

We have only seen it on one website (https://worldinparis.com/transport-in-france-strike-news-tips-for-traveling-to-paris) and nowhere else.

Would that impact trains and flights from France? We are scheduled to fly from Bordeaux for Barcelona on Oct. 17 on Ryanair.

I looked at trains as a potential plan, but most of them are sold out according to Trainline - with one available also using a bus to go from Narbonne to Barcelona.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 11 October 2022, 15:04

View original

4 replies

@SportyCanuck  Hello, thank you for your question!

You can check if your train is cancelled on the Thalys website.

If you are planning on travelling on the Thalys in the coming days, we recommend that you check your planned journey on the link above to see if your plans are affected. If your Thalys is cancelled, you can contact the company where you purchased your reservation for a refund of your reservation booking or an exchange for another day. On the Thalys website, you can also see which other trains are running earlier or later to help you plan accordingly and minimise the impact on your trip.

Travel disruptions in Europe (interrail.eu)

I have forwarded your question to the relevant team and I will provide you with an update as soon as possible!

Kind regards,

Annie

@SportyCanuck  thank you again for this information.

An update from our Team:

A strike action is planned in France from 17 to 18 October. 

17 October affecting Normandy. 

18 October affecting the whole country. 

International connections are affected, please check your trips or look for alternatives, if possible. Some TER trains will operate, however 2 out of 3 trains will be cancelled in each route. https://www.ter.sncf.com/normandie/se-deplacer/info-trafic/greve

Our travel disruptions page is updated with further details of cancelled trains:

travel disruptions in Europe (interrail.eu).

ps. covid masks are obligated in all German trains. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IN FR you will only know when you are there-and gréves (mouvement social) is a national pastime and even more so for the always chronically underpaid (or at least they feel like that) ´cheminots=railway workers. In my local radio it was told it may last many more days.

In DE it is now since 1/10 obligaotry to wear FFP masks in trains and all transport.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

In DE it is now since 1/10 obligaotry to wear FFP masks in trains and all transport.

FFP2 only in long distance trains. The federal states decide what masks (if any) are needed in regional trains and other public transport.