Solved

Global pass from reseller and Eurail reservations

I have purchased a global pass with my family. As the interrail.eu website was a mess during thepromotion, I ended up puchasing the pass through another reseller.

On the interrail.eu website, is there now an option to make reservations? Their system does not recognize that I have a pass as I purchased it elsewhere.

Is it possible to enter my pass info somehow? Do I now need to make reservations through the national systems that I saw described elsewhere on this forum?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 21 August 2022, 16:27

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I don't know how it works to connect a pass that not was purchased through Interrail to an account at the Interrail site, but here is a manual for how to make reservations using the various national railway companies. 

... but here is a manual for how to make reservations using the various national railway companies. 

Thanks, indeed I found that very helpful post.
I have not used the Interrail reservation system, it just seemed a convenient one-stop-shop for that purpose, and I did purchase their product after all...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

... but here is a manual for how to make reservations using the various national railway companies. 

Thanks, indeed I found that very helpful post.
I have not used the Interrail reservation system, it just seemed a convenient one-stop-shop for that purpose, and I did purchase their product after all...

If you make the reservation through Interrail they will charge 2 EUR extra in addition to the reservation fee for every booking so it is cheaper to make the reservation directly at the national railways. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

PLUS that their app is often faulty in some particular cases-that have been mentioned here more as a few dozen times. But the advantage is in some countries that a direct REServ is possible for it, whereas otherwise it means calling or other means.

And again-ESpana is very worst for this, followed by FRance and ITaly as 2 and 3-if you like lods of frustrations, go there.

And again-ESpana is very worst for this, followed by FRance and ITaly as 2 and 3-if you like lods of frustrations, go there.

IT was being considered as a destination, so maybe I can report on my experiences in that regard at a later time :-)

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I realize that this answer is likely too late to be useful, but just in case other travelers had the same question: You should be able to add your mobile passes when you create a trip. Simply log into your account and when you create a trip:

• Create a Trip and click on “Add a traveler”.
  • Select “Add a traveler with a mobile pass”. 
  • Enter the mobile pass numbers issued by the distributor and last name of traveler. Please remember that these fields are case sensitive. 

If it still does not recognize your mobile pass, you can generate a pass cover number using this tool and add the passes as a paper pass. 

Thanks Claudi. I have completed my trip by now (mostly without using reservations, turned out more relaxed in that way :-)  ) .

But my pass is still active and I tried the method you describe, it seems to work fine, I could add my pass to my eurail account using the 6-character pass number in this way.

Thanks for your response.