Solved

How can i go to Valencia during the week

• 8 November 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi mates 😁

I Will be in germany until wednesday 10/11/2021 and then i have to go to Valencia. I must arrive to Valencia the friday 12 or saturday 13 of november. In the app i only have options on mondays so the only choice i have is take the train on moonday 15 so it is not an option.

Hope you can help me ❀

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 November 2021, 15:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please do not rely on the app. It does not get enough updates to be reliable.

It's better to use the Deutsche Bahn planner or the DB Navigator app for international planning or the operators’ own websites and apps for domestic travel.

Further, there are engineering works in the south of France between 10 and 14 November. The TGVs between France and Barcelona don't run on these days.

It may be possible to find connections via:

1. Hendaye/IrĂșn. Search to Hendaye and from IrĂșn; there's a frequent local train (Euskotren) between the 2 places.
  2. Latour-de-Carol (nice route but takes a lot longer)
  3. Perpignan, Port-Bou and then a regional train to Barcelona (although it seems to be impossible or at least very difficult to book an Interrail/Eurail reservation for the night train to Latour-de-Carol)

Unfortunately, Spanish railways do not send all of their timetables to the European Timetable Centre, so the Interrail app is incomplete for Spain (Port-Bou - Barcelona + Latour-de-Carol - Barcelona are missing).

Portbou - Barcelona can be looked up in this RENFE planner.

Latour-de-Carol - Barcelona can be looked up in this RENFE planner.

Hi mates 😁

I Will be in germany until wednesday 10/11/2021 and then i have to go to Valencia. I must arrive to Valencia the friday 12 or saturday 13 of november. In the app i only have options on mondays so the only choice i have is take the train on moonday 15 so it is not an option.

Hope you can help me ❀

Please do not rely on the app. It does not get enough updates to be reliable.

It's better to use the Deutsche Bahn planner or the DB Navigator app for international planning or the operators’ own websites and apps for domestic travel.

Further, there are engineering works in the south of France between 10 and 14 November. The TGVs between France and Barcelona don't run on these days.

It may be possible to find connections via:

1. Hendaye/IrĂșn. Search to Hendaye and from IrĂșn; there's a frequent local train (Euskotren) between the 2 places.
  2. Latour-de-Carol (nice route but takes a lot longer)
  3. Perpignan, Port-Bou and then a regional train to Barcelona (although it seems to be impossible or at least very difficult to book an Interrail/Eurail reservation for the night train to Latour-de-Carol)

Unfortunately, Spanish railways do not send all of their timetables to the European Timetable Centre, so the Interrail app is incomplete for Spain (Port-Bou - Barcelona + Latour-de-Carol - Barcelona are missing).

Portbou - Barcelona can be looked up in this RENFE planner.

Latour-de-Carol - Barcelona can be looked up in this RENFE planner.

Great thanks đŸ–€đŸ–€â€â€

Last question. How can i use the global pass when i bueno the ticket in those renfe planner?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Last question. How can i use the global pass when i bueno the ticket in those renfe planner?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean but:

You don't need any reservations for the regional trains from Port-Bou or Latour-de-Carol to Barcelona.

If you have a mobile pass and you can't find a train in the app, then just add it manually.