How to get Reservations :)

Show first post

83 replies

Hello, I wanted to know, how through the website of the German train company, the route will be linked to my pass (just with a reservation of seats)?

It won't. Reservations are completely separate, regardless of where and how you make them. This also means that you always have to add a journey to My Trip and then (shortly before boarding) to My Pass.

Thanks again, I got it! 

Its dificult reserv in the moment i am in the estation ? 

As Frenchrail (SNCF) stopped to sell Reservations online and via phone 😕 We wanna show you some other options how you get Reservations for Trains within France 🙂 (Links provided by @rvdborgt )

1. Eurails own reservation service via App or Website (2 EUR fee per seat)
  2. Belgian railways (4 EUR fee per order). You need to request a pass cover number first.
  3. ACP rail (also with a fee, but it doesn't seem to work right now)

You can also call Belgian railways (no fee but you'll have to pay phone charges; no pass cover number required; reservation will be emailed).

Can Belgian railways only book within France? Because I was looking from Munich -> Paris and Paris -> Geneva, but could not search it on b-europe website

Hi, thanks for the instructions! I have a problem with ÖBB, I want to make a reservation for NightTrain from Maribor to Split on July. When I just look the tickets, ÖBB is showing the offers, but when I add the Eurail discount ÖBB shows “tickets are not available.”

Can you help me, what is the problem? I guess there is still space in the train, but I can’t make the reservation in the internet..

Hey, thank your for this great Thread. I just have a short question regarding reservations in Italy: Is it not possible to select a specific seat when doing a reservation? So you basically book a reservation and they will automatically assign a seat?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I just have a short question

Please open you own topic, so this one doesn't get overloaded with questions.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Olá! Como consigo encontrar mais trechos de Madrid - paris (noturno)? Ou durante o dia mesmo! Não sei onde fazer o pagamento após a reserva. 

Só sei pesquisar pelo próprio APP, pois quando vou nos sites das próprias ferrovias não encontro o local para informar que tenho um pass.

Badge +1

Italian daytrains via oebb.at 🙂 Thanks to @rvdborgt  for notifying me about the new possibilty to reserve Italian daytrains via Oebb.at

First select your Route and your traveldate/time
Even if you wanna just reserve a seat please click the option One Way tickets and day tickets
You will get first results please note that this are Standard prices please click in the red marked box top right on change.
Yet you can add as much travelers as needed and add on each traveler the discount Interrail / Eurail Globalpass (at the end of the list) and click on “Confirm”
You get some results for example the 13.48 direct Highspeedtrain for 10€ :)

Please note that on the 14.26 depature only the first train will be reserved.
It looks like OBB can reserve just direct routes if you wanna use the 14.26 depature you have to search first Venice - Bolgona and afterwards Bologna - Milano.

Kind Regards

from @seewulf  & @rvdborgt 

Do you know why It says “Ticket not available”. I can’t book a reservation.
17 Aug 18:10 train from rome to florence? what do I do?

@seewulf  @rvdborgt 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you know why It says “Ticket not available”. I can’t book a reservation.
17 Aug 18:10 train from rome to florence? what do I do?

Please follow the instructions; seats are available for 10€. If you still have problems, please do NOT post in this topic but open your own one.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@thibcabe eu baixei o APP, mas quando seleciono minha rota em um campo pergunta qual o cartão de desconto, mas não tem o eurails como opção.

Vou abrir uma pergunta pra mim lá. Se puder ajudar 

Hello, I wanted to know, how through the website of the German train company, the route will be linked to my pass (just with a reservation of seats)?

It won't. Reservations are completely separate, regardless of where and how you make them. This also means that you always have to add a journey to My Trip and then (shortly before boarding) to My Pass.

Thanks again, I got it! 

Hello, thanks a lot for this precious post. Can I get a few more details about how to add a journey to ‘my trip’ ansd then ‘my pass’?

For example, I found a trip From amsterdam to Copenhagen via Deutsche Ban (night train) → see screen scan

BUT

This train doesn’t seem to be available anymore (at least seats reservations aren’t possible and thus it’s impossible for me to choose it!) on the interail website. → seen second screen scan, written in french but it says ‘no places available for reservations” in red.

Other solution? adding to my trip another train (without red writings) BUT the interail website says that all informations aren’t available to book the train … (grey writings) and  cannot add the trip to my cart… → See last screen scan

How can I do? Should I wait and pray until grey stuff diseapears? Should I book the seats on german website without adding the trip to my interail app?

Thanks a lot for your answer

It says :
Seating reservation not available
No rates are available at this time. Passholder seating may be sold out. See "More Information" for other reservation options, or purchase a full-fare ticket. You must reserve your seat for this trip.

It says : Details unavailable
At this time, no information is available on reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Joh Mnt 

Please post a new topic of your own with your question. This topic is only for information about reservations. It gets too long if questions are asked here.

Updated Manual for reserving trains on CD.cz Website of Czech Rail 🙂 example here is a Nighttrain as you have here quite a lot options :)

First Select Your route and travelday afterwards pleas click on the passenger details

Select here the Interrailpass or Eurailpass (depends what pass you have)

You will get then first results please click on I want a Reservation only
You know see the different offers on a Nighttrain from Seats via Couchette to Sleepers.
One special thing are sleepers if you book just one berth in a lets say tripple compartment you will travel with foreign travelers of the same sex. Incase a Group book a entire compartment like here 2persons in a double cabin you can  select  “We wanna travel in the same Compartment” then you you a private Compartment just for you.

Hello. I’m trying to do this but “I want a reservation only” doesn’t appear :/ how is it necessary to do?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello. I’m trying to do this but “I want a reservation only” doesn’t appear :/ how is it necessary to do?

Please open your own topic, so we don't "pollute” this tutorial thread with questions and problems.

Reservations for Spanish domestic trains

Booking reservations for Spanish domestic trains is not possible online. You can buy them:

• At a Spanish ticket office
  • Possibly at Lisboa Santa Apolónia (They're reported to have a Spanish system there. Please let me know if you can confirm.)
  • At a Deutsche Bahn ticket office. You need to provide the train number.
  • Via Deutsche Bahn by phone (+49 30 2970 or directly to the English line +49 30 311682904). Collect at a DB ticket machine or receive via post (€5.90 per order). You need to provide the train number.
  • Via a Swiss ticket office or by phone (scroll down to Switzerland). Unknown if reservations can be sent via e-mail. Send me a message if you find out.
  • Via RENFE by phone, with limitations, see this page (scroll down to Spain). Reservation must be collected in Spain.

The good thing is that these reservations are not quota-controlled, so you can book seats until the train is full.
Train numbers can be looked up via www.raileurope.com or in the DB planner (if RENFE have sent their data), but not too long in advance, since RENFE don't always publish their timetables a long time in advance.

Hello all, just to update this information, neither Deutsche Bahn or Swiss Rail are able to assist in purchasing domestic train tickets in Spain.  Both representatives explained that you were once able to do so, but that it is no longer the case as of July 2022.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello all, just to update this information, neither Deutsche Bahn or Swiss Rail are able to assist in purchasing domestic train tickets in Spain.  Both representatives explained that you were once able to do so, but that it is no longer the case as of July 2022.

I read a message from someone who successfully bought reservations for Spain in Germany yesterday. So I'm not sure at all that your information is correct. There can be multiple reasons why making a reservation fails.

Did they buy them by phone or in the train station?  The Deutche Bahn representative went into the system with the train numbers I provided and was unable to make the booking.  As it took, cumulatively, several hours to research the phoning option and actually reach someone (37 minute wait to have my call answered) just want to warn anyone pressed for time that it was a fruitless journey for me.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did they buy them by phone or in the train station?

Train station. Also needed multiple attempts before someone knew how to do it. If you would like to discuss further, I suggest you open a new topic. This topic is meant for tutorials and information about where and how to get certain reservations.

Hi, please can you help! I want to make a reservation to get from london to paris on monday! How do i do this?

Excellent thread.  Starting new one.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hallo

Mein Name ist Rampi, Ich reise nächsten April 2023 mit dem Interrail Global Pass 3 Tage nach Paris 4 Tage London 4 Tage Brüssel und 4 Tage München start ist in Basel. Ich habe versucht gestern bei der SBB nur einen Sitzplatz zu reservieren für den Eurostar von Paris nach London am 17.4.2023 und die Strecke London-Brüssel am 21.4 aber er hatte kein Suchergebnis das gleiche auch auf der Interrail Webseite .

Meine Frage

Ist es weil der Fahrplan von Eurostar noch nicht draussen ist oder weil alles schon ausgebucht ist obwohl erst 6 Monate vor Reise gebucht werden kann das alles ausgebucht ist nur Sitzplaätze?

| Könnt ihr mir Links geben wo ich nur Sitzplätze reservieren kann bsp bei Eurostar direkt?

Kann man bei Eurostar auswählen ob man 2eir Plätze oder 4 Plätze möchte ? Geht das auch am Schalter von SBB Sncf ?

Ich hoffe jemand kann mir eine Antwort geben 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Reservations for Eurostar and Thalys trains and TGV Brussel-France

Booking reservations for Eurostar and Thalys trains is possible via:

• French railways ticket office or by phone (press #85 for English, no booking fee, delivery via e-mail).

This isn’t a question so I hope any pollution of the thread will be forgiven!

I’m just posting to share my experience of calling this number, in order to advise prospective reservers that they may have a battle on their hands…

I rang this number today with four reservations to make; 2 for the Eurostar, 1 for Thalys and 1 for the SNCF Nice-Paris night train. The night train was the only booking it was possible to make. On two separate occasions I tried to read the call-handler the passage from the webpage that said “Want to call Eurostar or Thalys?” …. “If booking online … isn’t convenient, you can use this international line to do whatever you need from wherever you are”, but while he was very patient and polite, he simply would not accept that international bookings could be made on that number, and would not transfer me to a colleague, explaining several times that this was the number of the SNCF, which was the French national train operator and could be used for only TGV Inoui and Intercites.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Reservations for Eurostar and Thalys trains and TGV Brussel-France

Booking reservations for Eurostar and Thalys trains is possible via:

• French railways ticket office or by phone (press #85 for English, no booking fee, delivery via e-mail).

This isn’t a question so I hope any pollution of the thread will be forgiven!

I’m just posting to share my experience of calling this number, in order to advise prospective reservers that they may have a battle on their hands…

I rang this number today with four reservations to make; 2 for the Eurostar, 1 for Thalys and 1 for the SNCF Nice-Paris night train. The night train was the only booking it was possible to make. On two separate occasions I tried to read the call-handler the passage from the webpage that said “Want to call Eurostar or Thalys?” …. “If booking online … isn’t convenient, you can use this international line to do whatever you need from wherever you are”, but while he was very patient and polite, he simply would not accept that international bookings could be made on that number, and would not transfer me to a colleague, explaining several times that this was the number of the SNCF, which was the French national train operator and could be used for only TGV Inoui and Intercites.

Ok thanks for the information. What I read here in the community is that they often say not possible even when it would be, but maybe Thalys and Eurostar can't be booked directly via SNCF call center? They can book other international destinations like to Barcelona or Germany. SNCF Call Center is something weard, do accept only some cards, sometimes they do not reserve seats, sometimes yes. 

@rvdborgt do you know something more about it?

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

*EDIT - Having looked more carefully at my confirmation email, I’m not sure about this but the ticket collection *may* actually always be at the departure station. So if you made a booking for Thessalonike to Athens, and then another one from Athens to Kalampaka, you would need to collect the first ticket in Thessalonike before boarding, and the second in Athens before boarding. I don’t know how (if at all) this would work for boarding at minor unstaffed stations, but if you were to request such a booking that issue would probably be addressed in the email correspondence.

hi, actually i m holding Eurail global mobile pass and i want to book seat reservation for attached journey, MARNE LA VALLEE CHESSY (France) to Schiphol Airport on 27/11, but it shows price unavailable. Nonetheless, i check from Thalys website ( as attached), the train is not full,

Q1) Can i go to Schiphol airport counter and reserve my seat when we reach on 17/11?

Q2) If i aldy secure seat for other timing, is it possible to change to another time slot? or seat reservation is not refundable & exchangeable? Thanks