Solved

How to make a seat reservation for trains across countries?

• 28 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hi,

We are traveling this summer across central europe, & I’m having issues to make seat reservation for some trains. Here is the route:

• Split > Zagreb : reservation needed
  • Zagreb > Budapest : no reservation needed :)
  • Budapest > Krakow (PL) : can’t find a place to make a reservation
  • Krakow > Prague : same can’t find a place to make a reservation.

For trains inside a give country it’s more o less ok depending on the websites, but when going to another country I can’t find a way to only reserve my seat.

Thanks in advance for the help.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 28 June 2022, 22:28

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You cannot online as it has to be done locally at the station. No trains are not fully booked weeks ahead

Find the overveiw of seewulf-linked into by anna fra Servige in about any same post-ofr more info and other trips

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is a link to the topic that @mcadv refers to.

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get more advice. 

Here is a link to the topic that @mcadv refers to.

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get more advice. 

I’m having a similar issue. The question is: isn’t making reservations via other ways rather than Eurail website more expensive? For example: Budapest-Bucarest night train is 13.40 EUR if booked via Eurail. I can’t buy it since it’s a paper one and delivery times are 6 weeks.

But is almost 40 EUR if booked via Romanian railways website.

What should I do? Is it likely to find one if I buy directly in a Budapestian station? Are discounts for passholders applied if booked in person and not via website?

Thanks in advance

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I’m having a similar issue. The question is: isn’t making reservations via other ways rather than Eurail website more expensive? For example: Budapest-Bucarest night train is 13.40 EUR if booked via Eurail. I can’t buy it since it’s a paper one and delivery times are 6 weeks.

But is almost 40 EUR if booked via Romanian railways website.

40€ is a normal ticket. No pass needed.

At least one of the night trains Budapest-Bucharest trains should be bookable via ÖBB, without Interrail's booking fees. Do NOT use "Seat only” but add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount and then look for normal tickets.