Solved

I'm asking questions about Euro City seat reservation through Eurail Pass.

• 9 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, I'd like to reserve a seat through Eurail Pass I'm booking a seat for the train from Switzerland to Italy, but there are three options. There was only one option for the other reservation section. But Euro City have three price like that. The price are all the same, so I think 2 class priority will be a gain, but I can't make a reservation without certainty..

Please answer me regarding this seat selection🥲

icon

Best answer by Angelo 9 November 2022, 11:23

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You know that you can travel this route without reservation if you want to save money?

Trains within Switzerland don't have mandatory reservation so you can take a Swiss train to Domodossola and change to a regional Italian train without reservation to Milano there.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, 

Priority seats are seats for PRM people.

One is 2nd class and the other is family area in 2nd class. 

Here normal ticket booking of such a train via trenitalia.com

You can also try to book via Austrian Railways [here a tutorial] , there you can choose only 2nd class and additionally you safe 2 USD (for 2 people 4 USD) booking fee of eurail.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You know that you can travel this route without reservation if you want to save money?

Trains within Switzerland don't have mandatory reservation so you can take a Swiss train to Domodossola and change to a regional Italian train without reservation to Milano there.

You can take the same train to Milan till Domodossola and change there for local trains to Milano. Also possible to get to Milano via scenic train route Domodossola (Italy) to Locarno (Switzerland) and from there direct regio express trains to Milan (Reservation not needed/possible).