Solved

Impossible to book reservation / imminent depart - can't add traveller

• 17 July 2021
  • 9 replies

I have been trying both on the website and the app to book reservations but I can’t add a traveller.

I have reached out to the customer service several days ago but no one got back to me and now my depart is imminent. Why is there no way to contact anyone about this?? 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 17 July 2021, 12:17

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you mean DB in Germany can book tickets for Spain?

Sure they can. Many railways can book tickets and reservations for others, at least at the ticket offices. Otherwise, international travel wouldn't really work. RENFE though have made it so difficult to sell their tickets and reservations that only a few other railways are still selling them.

Badge +1

Booking reservations for Spanish domestic trains is not possible online. You can buy reservations:

The good thing is that they are not quota-controlled, so you can book seats until the train is full.

Train numbers can be looked up via www.raileurope.com, but obviously not too long in advance, since RENFE don't publish their timetables a long time in advance.

The TGVs between France and Spain (such as Paris-Barcelona) can be booked:

These TGVs are quota-controlled and don't have a lot of pass holder seats.

Do you mean DB in Germany can book tickets for Spain?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Booking reservations for Spanish domestic trains is not possible online. You can buy reservations:

The good thing is that they are not quota-controlled, so you can book seats until the train is full.

Train numbers can be looked up via www.raileurope.com, but obviously not too long in advance, since RENFE don't publish their timetables a long time in advance.

May add the overview in "how to get reservations" ? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thank you all for you replies ! so here is the thing, I have the global pass for 2 months and im gonna travel in july then go from paris to madrid the 29th of july and come back from madrid to paris on the 28th of august. But im not able to book trains within spain online, it says I have to book it from the train station but how can i be sure once ill be there that there will still be seats available?

Spain made it quite hard to reserve in advance :/

The bestway is to ask a DB Ticket office or DB ticket agency if they could reserve it for you.

Renfe (Spanish Rail) sadly killed the system that was used by Eurail to reserve trains in Spain :/ Plan B is to reserve at the station in Spain but you risk that your prefered train is sold out :/

Spain and France are the worse Interrail Countries as they make it more and more difficult to reserve trains there.

Thank you all for you replies ! so here is the thing, I have the global pass for 2 months and im gonna travel in july then go from paris to madrid the 29th of july and come back from madrid to paris on the 28th of august. But im not able to book trains within spain online, it says I have to book it from the train station but how can i be sure once ill be there that there will still be seats available?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi,  please provide us with details and if possible, a screenshot, of the error. This way we are able to help you further. Cheers, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Also, if you give your timetable and travel date, people can advise about alternative options to make reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You can reserve if seats are free directly at the ticket office at the station 

You can fill this form  https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new to get in Contact with the Support department and as there are currenrly some problems with their app i guess they have actual a high income of messages.