Can't make reservation on the train company websiteI. It says ''In karta''

I need a seat reservation for a trip on the 22th of june from Prague Hlavni Nadrazi to Bratislava Hlavna Stanica. In the app off Rail planner it says there is a train from 9:12-13:54. When I try to make a seat reservation on the official website of the train (I got this link from your website) I can not find this specific train journey. But when I try to book a different one from their site they keep asking me for a In Karta, but I do not know what this is and neither do I think I have it. I am one of the few students who won a DiscoverEU pass so I only need a reservation and not a ticket. Could you help me explain what a In Karta is so I can make a reservation. 

Greetings Maxine

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You have to choose the seat only option without any discount cards after choosing a train, if I’m not thinking wrong how the CD website works. 

Maybe also try via ZSSK

You should be able also to book via Austrian Railways (tickets.oebb.at - seat only - 3€) reservations for trains in Czech Republic and Slovakia. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On the Czech railways website, choose the option "I want a reservation only”. Price is 75 CZK. It's optional though.

Do not use the rail planner app to plan. It does not get enough updates to be reliable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The site of cd.cz =the main czech operator, was out of use the last weeks for access OUT of CZ as there were rumours it was under attack by Russky hackers.

You do not need a REServ. and if really wanted-do it the day before or when you arrive in Prahy. No worries about all these mishaps then