Interrail Reservations Copenhagen to Hamburg

• 5 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I bought an Interrail Global Pass.

I’m trying to book a seat for the train from Copenhagen to Hamburg on the 19th of August (I’m flexible with dates)

However, the interrail app is not allowing me to book and on the German train website is not possible to make interrail reservations.

I’m calling them and there is no answer. 

If I wait to get to the station to make a reservation in person, chances are there will be no seats left.

Is there any other way of booking seats on trains?

Thanks,

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This train you need to book at DSB udland. There is a link to the website in link in the reservation section in the text below. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Thanks for this!

I went through the process of booking seat only for the trip.

However it looks like the webpage is not working, once I get to the section were I need to select seats, it does not allow me to click on the tick box, and therefore continue to the next page.

When clicking on the box nothing happen, as if the tickbox is not recognised.

Any idea on how to go around this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You're at the wrong site. Deutsche Bahn doesn't book this. You must book at DSB udland ( Danish railway). Use the link below 

https://travel.b-europe.com/dsb-rail/en/reservation-only#TravelWish

Absolute hero!

That website worked 😍

Another question on this regard.

I also need to book a train Brussel-London. I know I can do this with Interrail on this webpage: https://www.b-europe.com/EN

However is asking for a paper passholder number, and I have a mobile one. 

I’ve requested the paper passholder using the request form on interrail, but they might not answer me until the next two days, and I’m worried the ticket might get booked.

Do you know if there is another way of booking trains to London from Brussels?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

You don’t need to request cover number, there is an instant generator