Solved

Interrail website showing no seats available London - Brussels

Hi there. My partner and I have bought a 4 days in 1 month interrail pass, as we're planning a trip to Brussels and Rotterdam. When I go on the Eurostar & Rail Europe websites and put in the details of our departure (London to Brussels, Friday 27th May) there are trains and seats available.

When I try to book the same journey using our passes through the Interrail site, it shows a €0 fee, implying no seats available, and will not let me book. Why is this the case when there are seats available through? Is it an issue with your site?

Please let me know asap, as if we can't travel on the 27th using Interrail we will need to cancel our passes, as it's not worth the money if we can't use it for London to Brussels. Thanks very much, Liam.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 2 May 2022, 13:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

For these and many other hi-speed trains there are QUOTA (that means limited nrs) of seats they will sell to passholders. Notably also for TGV in FRance.

There is currently even a promotion (but no idea if it will work for our dates) for just 79€ REturn (NO single) LON-Rotterdam (NOt AMS).

Thank you for the quick reply. Just to confirm, are we saying that the Interrail pass cannot be used for our outbound journey because the Interrail-specific seat quota has already been fully used up?

If that is the case, can you please point me to the guidance about how to cancel our passes and get a refund? Thank you :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

27 May is in the long and busy Ascension day weekend. There are no pass holder seats available anymore on that day, not even London to Brussels. Here's what's still available (2 persons) on London - Brussels:

Availability London to Amsterdam looks like this:

These options should also be available via the Interrail website.

How a refund works can be found here.