Solved

Italian Trains 'Prices temporarily unavailable'

Hey!

I am trying to book four trains in Italy but get the error ‘Prices temporarily unavailable’. I am going with my girlfriend and we both have first class InterRail tickets. There are other trains in Italy (and other parts of Europe) which we have successfully booked reservations for. Please can someone help us to find out what is causing this error message and/or where the next best place to book reservations are if we cannot do it directly via InterRail? We have looked into ItaliaRail but there does not seem to be a way to input an InterRail pass code for a reduced price. Hopefully we don’t have to pay even more for ‘normal’ tickets.

1. Roma Termini - Palermo Centrale 08/July/22 @ 2300 (although we don’t mind taking the train before)
  2. Palermo Centrale - Roma Termini 17/July/22 @ 1848 
  3. Roma Centrale - Milano Centrale 20/July/22 @ 0920
  4. Milano Centrale - Zeurich Hb 20/July/22 @ 1310

Thank in advanced for your help!

/Kevin

icon

Best answer by Angelo 25 May 2022, 21:11

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Intercity, Eurocity and Frecciarossa trains in Italy can be reserved via Austrian ÖBB tickets.oebb.at via one way ticket - discount interrail/eurail global pass.

Intercity Notte only online via Interrail.eu or at ticket offices of most european train companies like Trenitalia, DB, ÖBB, SNCB or SBB.

Thanks @Angelo 

I have looked into ÖBB but get this regardless of whether I choose to get seat only or not (I presume seat only on a night train means berth). I see that there are still tickets available on ItaliaRail. Is this the SNCF situation where they decide that InterRail passengers are second class citizens so there is a quota on available berths?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can't book the night train via the ÖBB website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks @Angelo 

Is this the SNCF situation where they decide that InterRail passengers are second class citizens so there is a quota on available berths? 

No, this trains got now in the timetable, maybe you have to wait a bit, and also a new thing is that you have not to reserve the complete compartment but can share it like before Covid. 

The train company in Italy is Trenitalia and the website trenitalia.com

Hello,

I have the same problems and I can’t book anything for Italy, even though I’m not taking night trains. I tried the austrian website also but it also says “ticket not available”. I don’t know what to do. My trip starts on the 10th of june which is very soon so I don’t think the problem is because it is too early. 

Hey guys I have the same issue but think I’ve figure it out. I downloaded the OBB app.

1. I went to the timetable and entered the ticket I wanted- it came up as 43 euro.
  2. up the top right corner there is a tan that says whose going x1adult, with an option to change. Click on that.
  3. Will take you to a screen where you can enter you discount- type in interail global and it will come up as both inter/eurail 
  4. confurm this and it will take you back to the train times and voila! The price goes down to the 10 euro booking fee!

I’ve attached photos

Hi !

So I tried to do it just like you did with the app, but it still says “ticket not available”….

Hi !

So I tried to do it just like you did with the app, but it still says “ticket not available”….

You need to click on ‘one way tickets and day trips’ for it to work. I made the mistake of clicking on ‘seat only’ as I thought I was just reserving a seat.

Then do the rest I mentioned before

-click on top right to change 1xadult

-apply discount

-find interail global

-confirm

hope you sort it out! Was super stressful and up all night trying to figure it out! Was about to give up!