Solved

Lithuana, Latvia and Estonia

• 13 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Estoy preparando un viaje para este verano en el que quiero visitar Lituania, Letonia y Estonia (o algo así). Pero a la hora de preparar el recorrido y consultar los trenes, me dice que no hay horarios disponibles entre ninguna de las ciudades de estos paises y tampoco accediendo desde otro país (por ejemplo un tren de Varsovia a Vilnius).

¿Alguien sabe a que se debe? Gracias :)

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 13 January 2022, 16:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The app doesn’t show trains in this countries. You have to look at the website of the train carrier of this countries. There isn’t a direct train connection to Warsaw. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The app doesn’t show trains in this countries. You have to look at the website of the train carrier of this countries. There isn’t a direct train connection to Warsaw. 

Not currently, although there are plans. Before COVID, there were trains between Kaunas and Białystok but unfortunately, it is unknown when these train will return.

Further, I recently noticed that trains in Lithuania are now included in the rail planner app. But it's always better and more reliable to check with the operators themselves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Do NOT use a pass to travel around there, local trains are few and far and in general one travels by bus there. Plus that as for now all INTernational train links are suspended. In LIT you also have to get a free normal ticket by showing your pass for every train you want to use-the conductors cannot cope with something else. Train fares as such are quite cheap, even for spanish standards, so a pass will in the end cost more as buying there. There are also some discounts for juniors/students in some of these countries.

Other as people may suggest- FREE travel in Tallinn and by bus/train in Eestti is not for everyone, its only for locals who have that linked on their personal chipcard.

You can also travel quite cheap with POlish trains-either PKP-IC or PolRegio as they do various quite cheap local passes (f.e. for a whole weekend or for 3 days in a month-cost around 20 eur).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do NOT use a pass to travel around there, local trains are few and far and in general one travels by bus there. Plus that as for now all INTernational train links are suspended.

Except for Riga to Valga.

In LIT you also have to get a free normal ticket by showing your pass for every train you want to use-the conductors cannot cope with something else.

That's the first I hear about it. Last time I was there, that was not required. Do you have a link where this is mentioned?