Solved

Missing e-tickets in reservation email

I received the confirmation email with the e-tickets for the journey except for one.  I have emailed Eurail and tried calling - no response.  How do I get a response from them?  This is very frustrating.

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 21 August 2022, 10:14

View original

25 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no phone number for support.

For the missing e-reservation: are you sure it should arrive by e-mail? Some reservations are sent through the post. For which train is it?

Did you mention to customer support for which date the reservation is? That is the most important criterion they use to prioritise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, this is not USA-passholders are supposed to be able to fetch for themselves and there is NO always reachable customer service-and most certainly not by fone. Other countries-other customs.

Note: If it was 2 on same rail or with a change (you call that switchover or so) then its likely they are 2 in same mail. But without details we can only guess-so also learn to be precise with further Qs.

I booked everything together and paid for it which I have proof of payment.  as you can see the other 2 legs say booked and had tickets attached whereas this one did not.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

OK, this should be delivered by e-mail indeed. And should also be downloadable from the reservations overview but it is clearly not.

This must be solved by customer service, but they still have 2 weeks.

Has anyone ever had customer service respond to them.  This is an awful way to run a business.   They screw up and I am the one the with the stress!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Has anyone ever had customer service respond to them.  This is an awful way to run a business.   They screw up and I am the one the with the stress!!!

Yes i´ve got a reply from them. They answer the request on priority. Travlers that are currently ontour or start very soon have higher priority. It´s high season + post covid travelers + Flash sale due the 50th Anniversary. Some reservations take longer to book. For example it took 6hrs for my Eurostar reservation to appear in my Overview.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I suggest that you try to log into the request database to see if there is a request logged for your email address. If there is no request for your email address, you need to enter a new request.

Use this link to come to the request database.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Click "Sign in" in the upper right corner.

Enter your email address and Click " Get a password".

If the system doesn't recognise your email address, then there is no request registered and you need to go back to the start screen and enter a request.

If you get a password, you can then log in and look at the status of your request.

So I did that 3 x’s and it says that it will send me a link to get a password and then it never does.  BUT I did get this email from them when I orginally submitted my issue.  Now I can’t seem to get in even if I ask to reset my password.  They are just not sending me a reset password email.  I sumbitted another request for help and still nothing.  Like I said - this is the worst run company for customer satisfaction that I have ever come across.  I already have me letter to the CEO drafted.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

So I did that 3 x’s and it says that it will send me a link to get a password and then it never does.  BUT I did get this email from them when I orginally submitted my issue.  Now I can’t seem to get in even if I ask to reset my password.  They are just not sending me a reset password email.  I sumbitted another request for help and still nothing.  Like I said - this is the worst run company for customer satisfaction that I have ever come across.  I already have me letter to the CEO drafted.  

Creating more and more request wont help as this only spam the Customer Service more and more. (Result even loner time to get a response). 
Some patience is needed and give them time to response.

I now need this ticket tomorrow and still nothing.  What do I do?  I figure that I am just going to get on train in first class ( that is the Eurail pass and seats I paid for).  They must have a record on their devices.  So, so frustrating.   We are told to buy our tickets in advance yet it has come down to 24 hours!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you follow @AnnaB's advice and look into your existing request? If so, what does it say? If it's not in the request yet, add a comment that you are travelling tomorrow and need your reservation. Mentioning the date is important because that determines how your request is prioritised.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you follow @AnnaB's advice and look into your existing request? If so, what does it say? If it's not in the request yet, add a comment that you are travelling tomorrow and need your reservation. Mentioning the date is important because that determines how your request is prioritised.

@Natalie Maria 

I suggest enterring a new request saying that you are currently travelling and in that request refer to the earlier request.

There is a priority on the requests that is set when you enter the request the first time so the priority of your old request will not change when you enter new information. 

I did follow her advice.  I will try it again.  But I received a comment from someone else that said I should not keep trying because it becomes SPAM.  Again, very unprofessional and frustrating.  

I did follow her advice and now I have followed your advice.  I have submitted another request.  When I go to sign-in, it says my password is wrong so I ask to reset the password and nothing!!!!!  I DO NOT get an email allowing me to set a password.  And yes I check my SPAM folder - absolutely nothing.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you got any emails from Customer Support? In that case your email address should be in the request database.

There is a separate password for the request database. You should press "get password".

I did press “get password” and no response, no email.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you tried "forgott password "?

YES AND NO RESPONSE!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ok. What happens if you try to "sign up"?

Same thing - nothing.  I do not get an email response to set it up.  And I do check my SPAM.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have just tried to re-set my password for the request database and there was no problem. When I tried to create a new account I got an email saying that I already have an account. When I tried "get password" I got a little note saying that if I already have received a password earlier, I wouldn't get a mail now.

Can it be so that your email provider is blocking the mails?

I have no more ideas now.

@rvdborgt @seewulf 

I get emails from the regular Eurail account.  I received an email from the Eurail customer support - see above.  I checked my spam.  Not sure what is happening.  

I checked my account to see who is blocked and they are not on the list.  

Badge

I have the same problem. What did you do eventually?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello, I appreciate that this information is too late to be useful, but just in case other travelers have the same issue: 

E-tickets are sometimes not attached either due to an issuing or systems error. We can usually either retrieve this for you or you can request it at the station's ticketing office.Please do get in touch with us if you had to re-book tickets so that we can process a refund. I'm unsure why the reset password email was not sent. This sometimes indicates that you created an account via either Google or Facebook. Perhaps try either of those options first and please get in touch with us if the issue persists.