Solved

Missing Stations? Can't add to trip

trying to plan a trip with Trip Planner however Planner won’t accept French stations Aix-en-Provence or Sarlat.  Both stations are on the SNCF network and are reasonable size tourist destinations.  Can anyone explain why I can’t add these stations to my trip plan?  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 27 June 2022, 13:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

What do you mean with trip planer? In the Railplanner App I can find the stations. But we do not reccomend to use Eurail website or App for planning, because it is not uptodate, but like the national train company (in this case SNCF) or the general ones like bahn.com 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Having visited this area-on a pass (paper) a few weeks ago: those local trains can be found on the separate sites of TER-SNCF, fo region PACA (allnamed ZOU). Also note that BUS is the favorite means to go to A-e-Pr-ev 10/15 mins direct via motor way to Marseille and many to surrounding villages. Or direct to Sarlat in stead of huge detour on rails Buses are quite cheap too-even more if you as junior first get a junior pass (bring foto) from BUS station.

Many thanks for your responses.  I see now that the phone app is more up to date than the web site.  Cheers.