Solved

Night trains from Poland - can't find them

• 27 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello folks

This August is going to be my first time interrailing. I have a one way plane ticket from Stockholm to Gdansk, and I am planning to travel around Europe from there.

I was looking into night trains available from Poland. Interrail website says you can travel from Warsaw to Budapest/Prague/Vienna. However, I was not able to find any night train tickets on the ÖBB website nor the interrail website to make a reservation. Are these trains going during August? How do I make the reservation and find the tickets? Are there any other destinations available by night trains from Poland?

All help would be really appreciated :) 

icon

Best answer by MartinM 29 June 2022, 13:27

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

These trains run all yr. PL also has special summertime-only more such trains for domestic use from coast to inland. IN PL REServ only open 30 days advance-and thus timings are also not realeased too long before. Best and in fact nearly only practic way to do RES for that is at a counter of PKP.

Others tell that beds/sleepers are in short supply and often sell out very quick.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Polina,

I just checked one date in August and immediately found the Warsaw-Vienna sleeper. Reservation fee on ÖBB shows 9 euro (sounds expensive to me, maybe cheaper on Czech or Polish railways website)

Could you tell the exact date when you are planning to travel? Then could check that date.

Hi Polina,

I just checked one date in August and immediately found the Warsaw-Vienna sleeper. Reservation fee on ÖBB shows 9 euro (sounds expensive to me, maybe cheaper on Czech or Polish railways website)

Could you tell the exact date when you are planning to travel? Then could check that date.

@MartinM What are the websites for Polish and Czech railways website? Is it https://www.pkp.pl/en/ and https://www.cd.cz/en/ ?

I can't seem to find proper prices for the interrail pass there. 

And yes! I have finally found tickets for the 3rd on ÖBB, it's 9€ for the reservation and 35€ for a triple sleeper (no couchetes left). Is that a reasonable price or is it actually cheaper on Polish/Czech websites?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Yes, exactly that are the websites. But seems reserving this train (Warsaw-Vienna) doesn’t work there (atm?). Only tried on CD website two dates (1 July, 1 August) and couldn’t proceed further.

Reservation for the Warsaw-Vienna train was 3 euro usually… so 9 euro sounds too much. But I haven’t used this nighttrain without a reservation for a while (only used with a ticket including seat reservation this February, but not with ticket + reservation), so maybe they increased also the reservation fees for this. You could write a mail to the Czech Railways support. Usually they respond fast.