Solved

No purchase button in the app planner for reservations. How to book?

• 5 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Have a mobile pass but when i try to book a train in the planner None have a purchase button?   I'm going munich to rithenberg ob def Tauber  dec. 16  Wanted the 1147a, on the 18th to basel on the 1105, 20th to zurich on the 1211, 22nd to Strasbourg on the 137p, 25th back to zurich on the 120p.  Not one has purchase option. I went to rail europe website like i was going to buy them 1 by 1 and they all show up as available.  What am I doing wrong? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 5 December 2021, 11:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi momandElijah, rvdborgt is right. As additional information; in the app and our reservation system you can see if a reservation is required or not. If you want to purchase your required reservations via the app, you need to go to '’more'’ and click on '’seat reservations'’. You can't purchase your reservations straight from the planner section in the app. You can also book your reservations via our reservation system on our website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Munich - Rothenburg o.d. Tauber & Rothenburg o.d. Tauber - Basel: reservation is optional. If you really want one, book via Deutsche Bahn and click on "Seat only (no ticket)”. That will be cheaper.

Basel - Zurich: reservation is optional and I'd say totally unnecessary. In Switzerland, nobody books a seat. People just turn up and travel. The 12:06 and 12:33 trains are 20 minutes faster by the way.

For Zurich - Strasbourg, there are options with a TGV to Mulhouse and then change to Strasbourg but I’d avoid that because these TGVs have expensive mandatory reservation. You should be able to book that via the Eurail website but there are also many reservation free options that are just as fast, with a change in Basel. E.g. 22 Dec. Zürich HB 13:59 - Basel SBB 14:53/15:21 - Strasbourg 16:39. 25 Dec. Strasbourg 12:51 - Basel SBB 14:08/14:33 - Zürich HB 15:26.

Thank you!!! I was confused thinking i had to have a reservation but i see now i just show up and show my pass!  Thanks for the tips!!