Solved

No train from sofia (Bulgaria) to Beograd (Serbia)

• 20 July 2021
  • 5 replies

I couldn’t find any train between Sofia and Beograd, no matter on which date i try to book. Isn’t there any connection between those two cities, or is it just not possible to see it on the website ?

Thanks for your answers

icon

Best answer by seewulf 20 July 2021, 20:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

correct currently not possible :/

as there are currently no International trains to/from Greece :/

What can be done is
Athens - Thessaloniki by train
Bus to Kulata or even Sofia not included
then Kulata/Sofia - Bucharest
Bucharest - Budapest/Vienna
Budapest/Vienna - Zagreb

Option B
Athens to a International Port then ferry to Italy (Bari or even better Ancona) and catch from Ancona the every 2nd day ferry to Split (actual quite cheap their own Croatia promotion. Its cheaper as the standard ticket with the interrail discount ;) )

Hi! Very useful information, thanks!

I’m planning a trip between Zagreb (Croatia) and Athens (Greece), so you say it won’t be possible to use Interrail between them?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The train won´t return till mid september :/

First of all the direct train was usually just in Operation from June till early September  out of this time you had to take several trains with changes in Dimitrovograd and Nis :/ As the Tracks between Nis and Belgrade are actual closed for renovation i guess the trains won´t return till mid september :/ 

Novi Sad - Belgrade they needed 2 years for the track renovation :/

Bulgaria and Serbia are usually not showed on the app. Ontop of that there is currently no train service between Belgrade & Sofia due Covid and the renovation of the Railhub Nis :)

Thank you for this quick answer !

Do you know if there are other ways to do this connection, or if the train will be available mid-september ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Bulgaria and Serbia are usually not showed on the app. Ontop of that there is currently no train service between Belgrade & Sofia due Covid and the renovation of the Railhub Nis :)