Solved

No trains available in Slovenia after 15.10.22

• 24 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Hey, 

unfortunately I discovered that there is a problem with trains going to or from slovenia after the 15.10.22. I didn’t find any information about strikes etc online. 
Actually I wanted to go from Italy to Slovenia (trieste-Ljubljana) and then to Croatia (Ljubljana-Zagreb), both connections are a 2h trip but after 15.10 there is only a complicated way which would take me around 11h. 

Any ideas why? I hope you can help me.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 24 September 2022, 17:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Daft simple-anyone can think of this by her/himself: what noone has bothered to load IN this www, noone can get out of it. Why bother so long in advance? The roughly same times as today/day of week will be valid, with perhaps an odd minute difference-except on some lines where there may be works planned. For ESpana on minor lines its often just 2 weeks advance that times are put online in the planners.

Daft simple-anyone can think of this by her/himself: what noone has bothered to load IN this www, noone can get out of it. Why bother so long in advance? The roughly same times as today/day of week will be valid, with perhaps an odd minute difference-except on some lines where there may be works planned. For ESpana on minor lines its often just 2 weeks advance that times are put online in the planners.

Thank you for the quick response. Then I will wait and see if it’s changing in a few days. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @Angelina, sorry for MCADV rude reply.

The Railplanner App or the webiste is not up-to-date, you can easy check the timetable via the operator of the trains in slovenia https://potniski.sz.si/en/ (but only for rides in slovenia). For international rides you can check austrian railways ÖBB fahrplan.oebb.at or the ÖBB Scotty App. 

From Trieste you have 3 times a day direct trains to Ljubljana. The Eurocity train at 12:52 need a fee of 2,60€ for Interrail/Eurail users. You can buy it online at tickets.oebb.at or the ÖBB App choosing one way ticket and adding as discount Interrail/Eurail Global Pass. Reservation is not possible in local trains and on the Eurocity it is only optional.

Ljubljana to Zagreb there are over the day some connections. All trains have only optional reservations.

Hi @Angelina, sorry for MCADV rude reply.

The Railplanner App or the webiste is not up-to-date, you can easy check the timetable via the operator of the trains in slovenia https://potniski.sz.si/en/ (but only for rides in slovenia). For international rides you can check austrian railways ÖBB fahrplan.oebb.at or the ÖBB Scotty App. 

From Trieste you have 3 times a day direct trains to Ljubljana. The Eurocity train at 12:52 need a fee of 2,60€ for Interrail/Eurail users. You can buy it online at tickets.oebb.at or the ÖBB App choosing one way ticket and adding as discount Interrail/Eurail Global Pass. Reservation is not possible in local trains and on the Eurocity it is only optional.

Ljubljana to Zagreb there are over the day some connections. All trains have only optional reservations.

Ciao Angelo, 

Perfect, thank you so much. That helps a lot.