Solved

Outbound journey cancelled due to a strike. How to add a new outbound journey?

• 6 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

my girlfriend and I wanted to use our Interrail pass, but because of strikes couldn’t use our outbound travel day yesterday. Hence, we made a reservation for tomorrow, when the strikes are over - but reralize now that we have no outbound travel day anymore and hence can’t use the trains we made a reservation for. What can we do?

Best regards

Leon

icon

Best answer by seewulf 6 September 2021, 20:39

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hints for other travellers:

1. Never activate a travel day until you're sure you're going to use it.
  2. In cases like this one, as far as I know, the local staff is responsible to provide you with a valid ticket at no additional costs.
Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Kamila, I see you received a reply to your topic from my colleague Felipe. If there is anything else you need support with, do let us know. Cheers, 

Customer Support function is not very helpful, as the the automatic replay says, its gonna take 7 days to process therequest/question.

Deutsche Bahn is not taking responsibility for train tickets in other countries. So if your trip is Berlin- warsaw e.g. thats fine, but If you have a follow up train in Poland or further... Deutsche Bahn wash their hands and you can't reach nobody from interrail. It is horrible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

get in contact with Customer Support and ask to reset your pass :) Ask the station staff to give you a validity letter that you couldn´t travel due the strike :)