Solved

Prague to Munich reservations says ''you can purchase but it is not required'' and ''no price results''

• 26 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello there. I need to travel from Prague to Amsterdam in August and this was my first time buying tickets through Eurail.

I booked tickets to get to Amsterdam (MUENCHEN HBF to SIEGBURG/BONN) and (SIEGBURG/BONN to AMSTERDAM C).

But the first part of the trip (Prague to Munich) I’m not sure what to do. It says “You can purchase a seat reservation if you wish, but it is not required.” and then “No price results were found for this connection. All seats for pass holders may have been sold out. Try to find another connection or see the "More information" section. and try other ways to make this seat reservation.” 

Will I be able to take that train to Munich without buying a ticket in advance? Is my Eurail pass enough or do I need to buy a ticket at the train station? Thank you very much!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 29 June 2022, 00:15

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If it is a day train I guess that you are too early trying to make the reservation. I am travelling from Prague to Zürich via München on the 29th of July and the reservation from Prague to München can only be made 30 days in advance. 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new post, and you will get advice. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No-its simply not possible-as is the case in >90% of all Europeś trains-just think the same as the locals around BsAs, portneo. The pass IS the ticket-and only some long-dist and hi-speed trains MUST and others CAn be RESeved-this also applies to the ICE to AMS.

The trains P→ M are locals named ALex and consist of Cz eand german cars-most of the CZ cars are detached before border-and usually there is still long time border checks by Bavaria police-which means long dalys.

The better way to do P->Ams ia via Berlin-much better sights to

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@mcadv  There are planned works on the Route and Because of that the trains are replaced by a Bus on Part of the Route maybe this applies for the desired traveldate of @Baruj . 

But as it not mentioned I can just guess..

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No-its simply not possible-

I had already pointed out to you before that it is very well possible to book reservations for Prague - Munich. But only 30 days in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

No-its simply not possible-

I had already pointed out to you before that it is very well possible to book reservations for Prague - Munich. But only 30 days in advance.

Exactly. I just booked my ticket for Prague - München on the 29th of July, 30 days in advance.