Solved

Praha- Mulhouse(france/alsace) no good connections in the planner. Alternatives?

• 7 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello

On August 22 I would like to get back from Praha to Mulhouse in France. Most of the trips that don't require reservation based on rail plannar require a lot of connections. And some connection at night makes me witait up to 3-4h at the train station (Decin)

So i'm looking for alternative trip, like doing Praha-Zurich - basel - mulhouse but the timetable doesn't work out well…

Do you have any suggestion as to trips I could make to go home? It can be a trip using 1 or 2 travel days actually

icon

Best answer by Angelo 7 August 2022, 09:54

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I would use this 

Praha via Munich and Basel SBB

The train Praha-Munich, is often delayed due to border check of German Police. But this connection has a long break in Munich, so it should work. Last problem is Basel SBB to Mulhouse wich is the last train of the day to Mulhouse. But maybe in case that you have a delay with the IC, somebody could came to take you home from Basel with a car? There is also a Bus of SNCF at 23:38 from Basel to Mulhouse, so it is included in Interrail. 

With Nighttrains you have two possibilities. 

EN Praha-Zürich (reservation needed) and IC and TER to Mulhouse (2 travel days needed from Zürich)

or

RJ to Vienna, Nightjet Vienna-Strasbourg (reservation compulsory) and TER to Mulhouse (2 travel days needed from Strasbourg)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I found now a better connection for you (but 1 more time to change), because I give the planner that it must run via Zürich. Time table planners are a bit strange sometimes. 

EX to Munich, EC(E) to Zürich, IC3 to Basel and TER to Mulhouse. All trains only optional reservation (TER no reservation possible).

You have a short time to change trains in Zürich, but it is possible, because you will arrive in Zürich on the track below the train to Basel, so you can change in 2-3 minutes. Next train is in 30 minutes and last train to Mulhouse from Basel is at 22:38 (+ Bus at 23:38)

Thank you so much this really helps!!

Another question, are you using the rail planner app on mobile? How do you get this timetable with all these details on the right side? And even with platform number? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can search from one leg to the other, because it is difficult to get this searching all the route together on the railplanner app.

For the platform number, look on the website/app of the train companies to have real time information.

cd.cz, bahn.com, cff.ch and SNCF TER Grand Est

P.S. For planning I often use Austrian Railways fahrplan.oebb.at