Price difference when booking a seat TGV

• 3 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hey,

I discovered by accident that there is a price difference for a seat reservation with interrail!

Via a website of B europe (photo) you will find prices of 10 euros for a connection with 2 TGV for example Lille - Marseille or Lille - Bordeaux!

This is always with a change in Paris.

The interrail website charges 20 euros for this! Both without the mandatory reservation costs.

Could this be an error on the B europe website? Otherwise this is very interesting.

@seewulf 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sven  this is really interesting

i have no answer for that but maybe
Eurail have an answer :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@seewulf 

Yes, this is certainly interesting.

If now also the reservation costs go to 2 euros at B europe, then it would just be top! Then it was just half the price compared to the interrail website!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Via a website of B europe (photo) you will find prices of 10 euros for a connection with 2 TGV for example Lille - Marseille or Lille - Bordeaux!

This is always with a change in Paris.

The interrail website charges 20 euros for this! Both without the mandatory reservation costs.

Could this be an error on the B europe website? Otherwise this is very interesting.

Interesting indeed. It still works. I wonder if it also works that way if you book at the ticket office or via phone, where there is no service charge...