Solved

Problem with booking seat reservation Interrail system

• 18 June 2021
  • 4 replies

I was making some seat reservations for my trains but I cannot proceed to the payment. I selected all of my trains and times and then I filled in my personal information and checked the whole order. But then I cannot go further to the payment section, even though I selected the button that I accept the booking terms and conditions. So something is going wrong. Hopefully someone can help me with that because I really want to book them this weekend. 

I already tried to use a different browser, I used safari and chrome and the same problem occurred.

Edit: 

I want to book:

• Bruxelles midi - Paris (Thalys)
  • Paris - Barcelona (TGV)
  • Barcelona - Nimes (Renfe)
  • Nimes - Marseille (Intersites)
  • Nice - Paris (TGV)
  • Paris - Schiphol (Thalys)
icon

Best answer by Nanja 21 June 2021, 10:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you say which trains you're trying to book, people can give alternative ways of booking. Interrail adds 2 euros to each and every reservation (even more if it must be issued on paper) so alternative ways of booking may also be cheaper.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @Mirthe  hope this post help a bit

As SNCF (French Rail vanished the Interrail option in their bookings system online and ticket machines you cn only reserve via a reservation service (most expensive way) , by phone of SNCF or at a Station (but even France closed almost all trains for reserving from a foreign country) so that you have to reserve often in France itself.

Thalys can be reserved at a International Ticketdesk (For example NS Highspeed/International) or online here  https://www.b-europe.com/en/booking/pass#TravelWish

TGV Paris - Barcelona can be reserved for sure at German Ticket counters so that i assume that NS Highspeed/International ticket offices should be able too.)

Nimes - Marseille  as written on the top

Nice - Paris as written on the top (please read below the direce Marseille - Brussels option)

Thalys via B-Europe or at a International ticket desk :)

For your Nice - Schipol trip is it in one day ? If yes you may consider to save 1. the changing station stress in Paris, 2. a bit of money
By takeing the direct TGV from Marseille to Brussels (up to 4 trains per day) and then use from Brussels the Reservation free Intercity (a bit slower) to Schipohl :)

It´s so sad that it is so complicated in my eyes France and Spain are one of the Railpass unfriendliest countries as many trains need a reservation and they make it year per year harder to reserve train there.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

It's indeed a shame that it's becoming increasingly harder to travel through France with Interrail …

@Mirthe You can also save a reservation by going Barcelona - Nîmes reservation-free via Cerbère/Portbou. It takes about 3 hours longer, but gives you a scenic ride along the Mediterranean and the Pyrenees. If your trip is Barcelona - Marseille you can still travel this route, which only takes 1-2 hours longer. Saves you the expensive reservation fee across the French/Spanish border. ;) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @Mirthe  hope this post help a bit

As SNCF (French Rail vanished the Interrail option in their bookings system online and ticket machines you cn only reserve via a reservation service (most expensive way) , by phone of SNCF or at a Station (but even France closed almost all trains for reserving from a foreign country) so that you have to reserve often in France itself.

Thalys can be reserved at a International Ticketdesk (For example NS Highspeed/International) or online here  https://www.b-europe.com/en/booking/pass#TravelWish

TGV Paris - Barcelona can be reserved for sure at German Ticket countes so that i assume that NS Highspeed/International ticket offices should be able too.)

Nimes - Marseille  as written on the top

Nice - Paris as written on the top (please read below the direce Marseille - Brussels option)

Thalys via B-Europe or at a International ticket desk :)

For your Nice - Schipol trip is it in one day ? If yes you may consider to save 1. the changing station stress in Paris, 2. a bit of money
By takeing the direct TGV from Marseille to Brussels (up to 4 trains per day) and then use from Brussels the Reservation free Intercity (a bit slower) to Schipohl :)

It´s so sad that it is so complicated in my eyes France and Spain are one of the Railpass unfriendliest countries as many trains need a reservation and they make it year per year harder to reserve train there.

Seewulf made some great suggestions on reservation options. If you are experiencing issues with our reservation system, we kindly ask you to contact our Customer Support directly via customerservice@eurail.com or one of the other contact options mentioned here: https://www.interrail.eu/nl/support