Solved

Do I really need reservations?

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Full steam ahead
  • 16 replies

Hey,

I am going to be starting my travel from Bologna/Italy. I was wondering if booking reservations for each train is a must. For example, If I were to go to Florence from Bologna which takes 25mins, would it be okay not to book a reservation? Or do I need to buy 1 for sure? 
Also, when I go on interrail’s app, it says for most of the train tickets, I must book a reservation. How can I know when I need to book a reservation? Can I just not get 1 for short trips?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 8 May 2022, 21:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can take from Bologna to Florence the regional trains with 1 change without reservations, but they need a bit longer, or the Intercity for 3€, but it takes longer than the high speed train Frecciarossa that costs 10€. Almost all reservations in Italy you can get online via ÖBB How to get Reservations :) | Community (eurail.com)

You know that you have to book a reservation when it says that a reservation is needed. You are saying it. If not it says optional or hop on the train without. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey thanks for your reply!

But when I go on the site you recommended and try to book a reservation, it says this and doesn’t change regardless of the date

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I can get the correct prices. 

Did you read how it works? I send you the instructions. You don’t choose the seat only option, but one way ticket and the discount Interrail/Eurail - Global Pass

Userlevel 1
Badge

Oh! Now I got it! Thank you so much.