Solved

Reservation price; Paris- Aschaffenburg

• 31 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi,

In France it is hard to book if you are not at the train station. I tried to book a ticket from Paris to Budapest and when calling the Austrian rail company they were able to book a reservation from aschaffenburg to budapest for me. I had to book Paris-Aschaffenburg at the station. 

Well i went to the station and to my surprise the reservation would cost me 96 euros! I thought this must be a mistake so i looked online and online for the same train i pay less not using my interrail pass then i pay when i use it. It is the same train!  

The train in question is the 8 august 19:06 train from Paris to aschaffenburg wich arrives at 01:22.  The price difference is €20 and i got the other price from trainline.

This surely must be a mistake right? What did i do wrong?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 31 July 2021, 14:00

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Well i went to the station and to my surprise the reservation would cost me 96 euros! I thought this must be a mistake so i looked online and online for the same train i pay less not using my interrail pass then i pay when i use it. It is the same train!  
The train in question is the 8 august 19:06 train from Paris to aschaffenburg wich arrives at 01:22.  The price difference is €20 and i got the other price from trainline.

This surely must be a mistake right? What did i do wrong?

Which station did you go to? That must be a mistake, unless there are no Interrail reservations left. The Interrail reservation for the ICE Paris - Frankfurt (Frankfurt - Aschaffenburg is a regional train) is normally 13 EUR.

This train can also be booked through:

1. SNCF, also by phone. I don't know if it can be mailed to you as an electronic reservation though but you can ask.
  2. Deutsche Bahn, also by phone at +49 30 2970.