Solved

Can't book reservations Paris- Amsterdam

• 28 June 2022
  • 6 replies

I’m really scared because I haven’t been able to book a seat reservation from Paris to Amsterdam on the 8th of July. Does this mean we have to buy a full fare ticket?

icon

Best answer by seewulf 28 June 2022, 11:15

View original

6 replies

You should be able to call NS and check if there are seats left.  No booking fees, they do accept VISA. Don't forget the country code (+31)

Thank you so much for your help!

I have made a reservation for the Thalys from Paris to The Netherlands by calling NS International. You can reach them via this phone number: +31 30 23 000 23.

Maybe it's good to know that the price of a seat reservation is rather high, namely €30,-. Furthermore, they said on each train only a few seats are available for Interrailers. If they're sold out, you can not take the train anymore. 

An alternative would be to go from Paris to Lille first, which takes a bit more than an hour. There are more frequent connections on that line, so you might have more luck. I think it's best to call the SNCF for that trip. I paid €10,- for a seat on a TGV-train. If you can find a (cheap) ticket from Paris to Brussels at once, that's also fine. 

From Lille, you can take a combination of Regional and Intercity-trains to Brussels (about 1:45 hours, 1 interchange). I figure these reservation costs will be low, if they're even necessary at all. 

From Brussels to Amsterdam, there is an hourly Intercity Direct service. That takes roughly 2,5 hours. I believe no reservation or fee is required there. 

I’m really scared because I haven’t been able to book a seat reservation from Paris to Amsterdam on the 8th of July. Does this mean we have to buy a full fare ticket?

Yes  or travel on a other Route 

For Example via Lille or via Karlsruhe 

Easiest Route would be Amsterdam  - (Change in Belgium) - Lille - Paris 

I have made a reservation for the Thalys from Paris to The Netherlands by calling NS International. You can reach them via this phone number: +31 30 23 000 23.

Maybe it's good to know that the price of a seat reservation is rather high, namely €30,-. Furthermore, they said on each train only a few seats are available for Interrailers. If they're sold out, you can not take the train anymore. 

An alternative would be to go from Paris to Lille first, which takes a bit more than an hour. There are more frequent connections on that line, so you might have more luck. I think it's best to call the SNCF for that trip. I paid €10,- for a seat on a TGV-train. If you can find a (cheap) ticket from Paris to Brussels at once, that's also fine. 

From Lille, you can take a combination of Regional and Intercity-trains to Brussels (about 1:45 hours, 1 interchange). I figure these reservation costs will be low, if they're even necessary at all. 

From Brussels to Amsterdam, there is an hourly Intercity Direct service. That takes roughly 2,5 hours. I believe no reservation or fee is required there. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should be able to call NS and check if there are seats left.  No booking fees, they do accept VISA. Don't forget the country code (+31)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Yes  or travel on a other Route 

For Example via Lille or via Karlsruhe 

Easiest Route would be Amsterdam  - (Change in Belgium) - Lille - Paris