Solved

Can't add my mobile pass and add passengers to my account

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 48 replies

I have tried for hours not to add my mobile pass as well as add passengers to my account. Well, IT’S NOT WORKING. Your site does not “see” my pass and tells me the passengers don’t exist. I need to make reservations NOW

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 June 2022, 02:23

View original

40 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please insert screen shots and explain in detail what you are trying to do. Hopefully someone can help you then.

Badge

I can’t without all my personal information being posted. It’s simple. I purchased 2 global flexible passes-one for me, one for mom. Purchased on Raileurope. They are mobile passes. I followed the instructions that say to link them to a trip on the rail planner app. Ok….done. So now I have to get reservations on eurail. Well, eurail says the name and rail pass doesn’t match their records. What records?  How could they have records when nothing is on the site?  This happened with each pass when I tried to add a passenger. Evidently eurail does not honor passes not purchased on their site. 

Badge

What it comes down to is this:  I need to speak to a human just like I did 3 years ago. These passes were nearly $900. I feel like I wasted my money

Badge

How do I put a screenshot in this thing?  I need to block out all my personal info. The next SS is the one that says “Those details don’t match. You can find the right last name and pass number in the confirmation email”. Well THAT is where I got the pass number. 

‘’tjis needs to be done NOW. Reservations that is. This is why I need to speak to a real person. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no real person to speak to, at least not at Eurail. Maybe there is at Raileurope, I don't know. There is Eurail customer service but don't expect a quick answer because they're very busy with urgent requests alone, i.e. from people currently travelling or travelling soon.

3rd party sellers probably send (some of) their data to Eurail, so maybe something went wrong there, or if you bought the passes today, maybe the data exchange still needs to take place.

However, reservations can be done in many places, depending on which trains you want to book. Mostly also cheaper than on Eurail, since they charge extra.

Here's the main overview. And this thread contains extra information from experienced travellers:

If you'd like advice on where/how to book a specific train, then please specify origin, destination, date and departure time, so people can advise.

Badge

So basically they take money and offer zero customer service?  I called raileurope…..one needs an account number to get a real person. Once I’m traveling, I will have NO access to things like email. That can only be done on a home network. Raileurope is not a third party seller. I got all my reservations done using them last time. Took some doing but it worked-all on THEIR site. I’ll reread that instruction page for the umpteenth time…..it’s like insanity. Keep doing the same thing over and over to expect different results. Looks like I’ll have to file with my credit card to get an immediate refund so I can use that money to get maybe 2 or 3 “tickets” and I’ll be doing hundreds of miles of walking. This pass is SUPPOSED to make things easier. Going from site to site makes an easy thing extremely difficult. 

Badge

So how does an American find out which train company operates the 40+ trains we will be using?  This looks like it could take months to complete…..I work for a living and don’t have time to get online and do this. Going in person to a train station defeats the purpose of doing reservations in advance…..since I need to use the train to get there in the first place. I don’t understand why tjis has been made so complicated 

Badge

The price on the raileurope site was exactly the same as eurail…..and they offer more passes. Also I was able to pay in US dollars instead of paying a currency conversion fee

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Raileurope IS a third party seller for Eurail passes. They're an independent travel agent who sell rail tickets, reservations and Eurail passes. Eurail passes are managed by Eurail BV, which is another company, who also sell the passes themselves (also in USD).

I'm trying to help but I'm also just another community member so if you don't share any more details about trains to book, then I can't help any further.

Badge

I can’t figure that out yet…..right now I need one reservation on a Eurostar for my mom. London to Brussels on 6/12. That really makes zero difference simply because the eurail site does not “see” my pass or passenger. 

Badge

I need to get some sleep as I have to be in for work at 6 am. Looks like when the ship docks next week, mom will not have a reservation. Nothing more I can do here

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Eurostar can also be booked via SNCF by phone (Press #85 for English) or Belgian railways by phone. Both will send the reservation by e-mail.

Badge

I tried on that site. If I have to pay nearly $300 to reserve a seat, why do I need a pass?  There is no place to add my pass

Badge

They have no phone number listed on their site. I may as well just fly to London to meet mom and we can swim te channel. This whole pass thing has been a nightmare and waste of money. 

Badge

I’m sooooo frustrated over this.    10 hours yesterday to try and figure this out and how many hours today. Mom will be there with NO WAY to get where she has to go. All due to ridiculous screw ups on these sites. 

Badge

I keep getting auto emails from eurail that say they received my message. Big deal. I need to speak to a human now. This bot thing has to go. I just wasted nearly $900

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

They have no phone number listed on their site.

Both links I posted have a phone number.

Badge

Ty. Unfortunately the phone numbers are not reachable from the US. She needs a reservation for this coming Sunday. I’ll have to get a refund and do the reservation when I arrive on 6/24. She can sit in the train station for the 2 weeks. This whole experience has left a really sour taste in my mouth. NOHING should be so complicated 

Badge

The other issue is that my pass and passenger are not recognized. I must’ve gotten a scam pass. Will be filing with my card to have my money returned 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ty. Unfortunately the phone numbers are not reachable from the US.

They are. Multiple people called them from the US before you. Please check with your phone provider.

You can also call Eurostar (although they have a hefty booking fee):

https://www.eurostar.com/be-en/contact-us/eurostar-contact-details

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you call the international number for SNCF?

Press #85 for English. 

Outside France

Want to contact Eurostar or Thalys, or call us from outside France?

We’ve got a special phone number just for you. If booking on line or with one of our authorized travel agents isn’t convenient, you can use this international line to do whatever you need from wherever you are.  

Dial 00 33 1 84 94 3635 and follow the instructions. You’ll pay the cost of an international call, plus any applicable operator charges.

Badge

Yes…I saw that. That’s the overseas number. It’s a fortune on the cell phone. I’m trying to add international calling to my plan right now. Plus I’ll need a translator…..

Badge

My biggest issue is that NOT ONE BOOKING PLACE recognizes my pass

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Plus I’ll need a translator…..

You missed "Press #85 for English”.

Badge

I didnt call yet. I have to do it after 6 pm here