Solved

Seat reservation

• 5 August 2021
  • 4 replies

I am travelling through six countries starting in two weeks time. Some of my journeys require seat reservations which I have been unable to make, either through Eurail or OBB (train operator). I started trying to reserve them a month ago and haven’t had any response from OBB Customer Support. Does this mean I won’t be able to travel these routes? What other options do I have? Some of these are the second leg of a longer journey so I don’t want to be stranded somewhere!

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by seewulf 6 August 2021, 12:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The first two trains are Nighttrains and you have to book via a special way on Oebb.at 🙂 please have a look for my post how to get reservations 🙂 there is explained how to reserve Nightrains 🙂 on Oebb.at 

Amsterdam - London can be done via B- Europe (not sure if the eurostar currently operate from Amsterdam) Maybe you have to catch a Intercity to Brussels and use from there the Eurostar to London :) https://www.b-europe.com/en/booking/pass#TravelWish

Thanks, I see how the night train is different! sorry… we will try this!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, can you specify which journeys (and on which date and time) you are trying to book? What message appeared when you tried to book through Eurail? Can you share a screenshot that shows you are not able to book? This way we can best assist you. 

Hi Nanja,

There are two of us travelling together. The journeys are:

• Zagreb - Ljubljana, 28 Aug, 18:38
  • Ljubljana - Villach Hbf, 1 Sep, 21:10
  • Milano Central - Basel, 5 Sep, 10:10
  • Amsterdam Centraal - London St Pancras, 9 Sep, 13:47

The Eurail website directs me to OBB website to reserve seats but even though I have been trying for weeks to reserve, I always get the same message of “Ticket not available” (example screenshot below).

Please advise…

Thanks