Solved

seat reservation france (e-ticket with pass in paperformat)

Hi,

I just booked an one-country pass for france (paperformat) . After that I booked my reservations for the trains, but here it says that those are e-tickets, that I have to download and print. Is that correct or did I make a mistake?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 14 August 2022, 22:10

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

?? THis is a bit unclear-I think you have made some mistake. In fact RES for the FR TGV can only be done via app-and this will only work if you are so lucky to get the smal quota for passes. From what site did you get this message? 

The site of oebb will normally give this message-but it cannot handle FR TGV trains. NOR can DB do that for INland trains in FR since a few monthes. DB could have sold you this pass right at the spot in their Reisecenter  and sell the needed ticket to border+ RES for direct (expensive as extra) TGV/ICE that run over border DE-FR.online. I hope you are aware that this 1country does NOT cover the trip ab Hause zur Grenze-es steht ganz klar im allgemeinen-aber sehr viele lesen das nicht.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Both, I can see them in my account and I got an email.  I can download them both ways. I’m confused, because I have the pass in paperformat and the seat reservations are e-tickets. 

That's no problem. The reservation are separate from the pass. Good that you got the reservations as e-tickets. 

Could you buy the 20 EUR TGV reservations through Interrail?  That has not been possible earlier.

Good. Yes I was able to buy the  20 EUR TGV reservations through the interrail reservation tool. 

Hi, I booked it via the innterrail website (reservation tool). I had to pay a bit more, because it says, that only a small amount of reservations can be made for 10 euros, later reservations cost 20 euros. Later I read that all reservations for french trains are e-ticktes, so now I think it’s correct. I’m talking about inland trains in france, so at least that should not be a problem.

I wanted to contact interrail directly, bus I only found the facebook-bot thing, and thats not really helping. Is there a way to contact interrail with my question in a different way?

Badge +5

There’s no other way to make contact. If you get stuck the experts on this site can normally help with general queries 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you see the reservations in your Interrail account? Have you got any confirmation email with your reservations?

Both, I can see them in my account and I got an email.  I can download them both ways. I’m confused, because I have the pass in paperformat and the seat reservations are e-tickets. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I was advised by IR to print a copy of  reservations , especially as you are using a paper pass as well.

I was advised by IR to print a copy of  reservations , especially as you are using a paper pass as well.

Yes, I read that too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

?? THis is a bit unclear-I think you have made some mistake. In fact RES for the FR TGV can only be done via app-and this will only work if you are so lucky to get the smal quota for passes.

@mcadv Please do not write such nonsense.

TGV reservations can be made in a number of places but not in the rail planner app since the app cannot book reservations. In addition, for domestic TGVs, there is no quota for pass holders. There's only a quota for €10 pass holder reservations.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As I noted last week-making a RES myself on a SNCF machine-in LUxembourg-SNBCF has apparently yet made another step toward a paperfree environment and will not let its machines print tickets anymore-you get a @mail instead-and will also need to give full name, telnr+  @mail-probably to also curtail the nr of people trying to get a ´free´ride by only buying the RES.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

As I noted last week-making a RES myself on a SNCF machine-in LUxembourg-SNBCF has apparently yet made another step toward a paperfree environment and will not let its machines print tickets anymore-you get a @mail instead-and will also need to give full name, telnr+  @mail-probably to also curtail the nr of people trying to get a ´free´ride by only buying the RES.

After travelling on 2 TGV last week I can assure you that both the reservation and the pass were diligently checked on both trains.

How anybody would think they could travel with only a reservation beats me.

I cannot see how giving a name or even an e-mail would stop those willing to try. 

Even on French TERs we saw a massive presence of inspectors checking tickets and passes, once we were checked by 2 separate gangs on a trip from Cannes to Monaco. 50 euro fines were handed out to several travellers without tickets.