Solved

Seat reservation problem Paris Montparnasse - Pau; Pass Cover number

Hello all,

my name is Ronald, from the Netherlands.

Yesterday I bought a digital Interrail pass for 3 months, and I'm actually busy planning the 1st (outbound) train trip to the south of France, for which I need a seat reservation for a train from Paris Montparnasse to Pau, on the 10th of juni (18.11 - 22.26 hrs).

However, while trying to obtain this reservation, the interrail system keeps on telling me that ‘prices are temporarily unavailable’.

Alternative solutions proposed by Interrail:

(1) booking a reservation via travel.b-europe. This does not work, as I am obliged to fill in a ‘pass cover number’ which apparently only paper passes seem to have; I have a digital pass.

(2) buy a ticket at the concerning train station on moment of arrival ; In my opinion this is way to risky to try to get a ticket this late in time

So my question is: is there another solution for a digital passholder to obtain this reservation??

Thanx in advance for your help!

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 12 May 2022, 11:48

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Is al zooooooo vaak hier uitgelegd:

op die TGV heb je quota=lim . nr-dan is het 10€ extra

Zit dat vol dan is het 20€-zolang er nog plekkies zijn. Maar de app toont die niet. Daarvoor moet je bellen-b-rail of sncf (het /en/ nr. Is hier al ...tig x verteld.

10/6 is VR avond toch? dan zal het wel vol zitten-en ik vermoed dat die SNCF dan gewoon een quota 0 heeft voor die veel te goedkope pasmensen.

Volgens onze geliefde belg rian kan je b-rail best in de morgen bellen, avond is vaak erg druk. Kost wel belminuten

Thx for your answer mcadv

B-rail unfortunately is not available by phone, and the SNCF tells me it's only possible at the station itself.

So no solution for me yet.

I hope someone from Interrail can help me any further by obtaining a pass cover number

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello all,

Yesterday I bought a digital Interrail pass for 3 months, and I'm actually busy planning the 1st (outbound) train trip to the south of France, for which I need a seat reservation for a train from Paris Montparnasse to Pau, on the 10th of juni (18.11 - 22.26 hrs).

However, while trying to obtain this reservation, the interrail system keeps on telling me that ‘prices are temporarily unavailable’.

(1) booking a reservation via travel.b-europe. This does not work, as I am obliged to fill in a ‘pass cover number’ which apparently only paper passes seem to have; I have a digital pass.

(2) buy a ticket at the concerning train station on moment of arrival ; In my opinion this is way to risky to try to get a ticket this late in time

So my question is: is there another solution for a digital passholder to obtain this reservation??

I can perfectly reserve seats via Interrail, for the train you requested.
Can only see 1st class.

Places are available in 2nd class via B europe, 20 euros.

Request your pass cover number via customer service.

Hi Sven thnx for your response.

Interrail shows me this:

So could you maybe tell me what Interrail page you used, where you saw only 1st class? Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi Sven thnx for your response.

Interrail shows me this:

So could you maybe tell me what Interrail page you used, where you saw only 1st class? Thanks!

Do you have a 2nd class pass or a 1st class pass?

a 2nd class pass

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

a 2nd class pass

As said before. The interrail website does not list rates of 20 euros/person for sale. That has been stated here before.
This train only has seats available for 20 euros/person.
So the seats for 10 euros/person are sold out.

The only solution is to call B europe, call SNCF, or request a pass cover number from interrail so that you can order online via B europe.
You do not need a pass cover number for telephone reservations.

(never mind, already mentioned before)

Hello all,

Hello @ronaldvanriessen  :) I can help you get a pass Cover number, so you will be able to book through b-Europe. I sent you a private message. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

B-rail unfortunately is not available by phone, and the SNCF tells me it's only possible at the station itself.

So no solution for me yet.

I hope someone from Interrail can help me any further by obtaining a pass cover number

De NMBS is gewoon telefonisch bereikbaar maar hun nummer kost redelijk wat.

De SNCF heeft een normaal nummer met normale kosten en zonder boekingskosten en kan zeker telefonisch reserveringen maken en die dan per e-mail sturen. Mensen berichten hier regelmatig dat het hun gelukt is via de SNCF-hotline. Sommige medewerkers daar lijken echter niet echt mee te willen werken en proberen je af te wimpelen. Ik weet niet of dat uit onkunde of onwil is of dat ze gewoon keihard liegen. Feit is dat het wel gewoon via de telefoon kan.