Solved

Seat reservations - France TGV and Italy

• Right on track
  • 7 replies

Hello, I tried to book seat reservations for three people but it was not possible for one of our connections.

Has anyone an Idea what the reason could befor that?

Thank you!

Moderator note: your train has been added to the title

icon

Best answer by MartinM 17 June 2021, 11:09

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey!

For which country and train did you try?

Hey!

I tried it for France (TGV)and Italy 

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

In that case might be that the train is fully booked or not yet open for bookings (e.g. because of construction works and adapted timetables). Did you check on trenitalia.com and sncf.com if there are still standard tickets available on the connection you want to make a reservation?

In Italy they sell only 50% of the tickets at the moment, so on weekends many connections sell out some days in advance.

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Yes, I checked whether tickets are generally still available or not but it was possible.

For example for Thalys it was also possible to buy tickets but not via interrail.

So I wondered why it didn't work via Interrail...

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

May I ask on which platform did you try to buy tickets?

In earlier years there were only some contingents available for Interrail for TGV but I think this is not the case anymore.

I tried it with the Interrail App

Or did you mean on which platform I tried to buy standard tickets? 

That was on trenitalia.com sncf.com and thalys.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Oh ok, with that one I have unfortunately no experience.. if you are not super fixed on one connection I’d try to buy it when you get there ;-) In case it is sold out, you should still be able to find an alternative connection (except on Sundays maybe)

Okay, thank you very much! :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Or did you mean on which platform I tried to buy standard tickets? 

That was on trenitalia.com sncf.com and thalys.com

Thalys trains can be reserved via B-europe the booking platform of Belgium rail they have a special pass fare Page for Eurostar and Thalys. On Thalys and Eurostar connections are only limited seats for Railpassuser. Could you share which Route you tried as there are maybe other ways to book or to reach your Destination with different trains :) https://www.b-europe.com/DE/Buchen/Pass#TravelWish

Hey, thank you for your answer!

But I have already made a reservation for the Thalys train via B-europe, that was possible :)