Seat reservations Spain - couldn't book all via German ticket office.

• 27 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Today I went to a German ticket office in order to get my reservations for an upcoming Spain trip.

However, for a few trains it was unsuccessful because the specific trains or stations were not in their booking system. I double checked everything and the trains are bookable via Renfe and also show up on bahn.de with the same train number, times etc.

I suspect they should be able to get reservations for those trains but they just need to enter some information manually, does anyone know more about this? In my experience DB personnel is not knowledgeable and/or helpful about such things at all.

To be more precise: it's about Euromed trains Barcelona - Alacant (the IC ones do show up for some reason) and MD trains departing from Madrid Principe Pio.

Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So-but you did not say this clearly-they DID help you with other trains-I guess at least the parts not mentioned. Which IMHO shows they were able and there might be something else the matter-which it very often is in ESpana and on RENFE

Yeah, they did help me with other trains (AVE and Alvia).

I'd like to blame Renfe as well but in this case I suspect it's really DB with missing trains and stations in their system, the most confusing thing is why it shows up on bahn.de but not in their booking system. Don't they use the same data?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I'd like to blame Renfe as well but in this case I suspect it's really DB with missing trains and stations in their system, the most confusing thing is why it shows up on bahn.de but not in their booking system. Don't they use the same data?

The don't use the same data. The timetable planner relies on timetables sent by Renfe (and others) to the European Timetable Centre. The reservations module connects directly to the Renfe reservation system and although the data should match, that is not always the case. If no reservations can be made, then there's some kind of problem with connection to Renfe, with the train or with the input.