Solved

site not working AGAIN

Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 48 replies

Been trying for hours on several devices to pay for the reservations in my cart. When I get the “add travelers” button, that brings me back to the home page where ALL information needs to be done AGAIN. I need to checkout. Any ideas from anyone?

icon

Best answer by Al_G 6 July 2022, 22:08

View original

29 replies

Badge

Actually the button says “continue to traveler details “

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi wich trains are you trying to book? Maybe we can help you to get the reservations from another website/train company. 

Badge

A bunch. 5 to be exact. I was told that because I have a pass they must be booked on the eurail site

Badge

These are the reservations in my cart. 

Badge

Wow…can’t add scr

Badge

Screenshots…sorry. Crappy WiFi 

Badge

Truthfully I’m not sitting here all day wasting my time on a site that doesn’t work properly. 2 months here in Europe and half of it wasted on sites that don’t work, have no customer service and train issues. Next time it’s CAR ONLY

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Where did you hear that you must make the reservation through Eurail?

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to only make reservations through the Interrail/Eurail website if no other option is available. 

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and ticket in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day.

Badge

I have the inter rail/eurail page up…..almost none of my destinations or start places come up. Tried that already

passes are activated, one was used, the other just activated. 
tead all that info already. Things have changed drastically since the last time I reserved trains in 2019. Also I just did some 2 weeks ago…they worked fine. It’s the site for sure

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have the inter rail/eurail page up…..almost none of my destinations or start places come up. Tried that already

passes are activated, one was used, the other just activated. 

There is no need to activate passes in advance. Moreover, it is not a good idea. It is not needed to be able to make reservations.

If you want help, then please specify which trains you want to book (route, date, departure time).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

We can not help you if you only complain about the not working of the website. Specify about your trips and we will see how we can help you. 

Important: route, date, departure time needed

For complains please get in touch with customer service

Badge

If you want to call my asking for help “complaining “ that’s your prerogative. I needed to know if anyone else was having similar issues and if so, what were they able to do to get around it. 
it was definitely the eurail site. 
As far as activating the 2 passes, I understand about not activating until ready to ise, and not to “use” a trip until I board the train. Moms pass was activated by me before she arrived in Europe because things got way too complicated for her to have to do it. She is 92…..this is much more than she can handle. 
I literally just set up my pass today, will be using it in a couple days. I did not set up any travel days yet. 

customer service is pretty much nonexistent here…it’s 2-3 weeks to get a response…..I needed to do these today as one is for a Eurostar…..

anyway, it finally went through. Do not know what the problem was…let’s hope no one else has to go through the same thing. 
The last time someone here offered to help, they wanted way too much info…names, pass numbers, etc. 

‘More than I wish to divulge. 
thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I'm happy to hear that you got your reservations.

But there were some misunderstanding:

First of all, this is a community and we are not Staff on Eurail. We can’t help when the website do not work (happens often). But we can suggest to book at the train company, but it depands from destination to destination. Sometimes it cost less than via Eurail and works better.

The last time someone here offered to help, they wanted way too much info…names, pass numbers, etc. 

No one ask here fore names or pass numbers. What are you talking about? Please check before you write. 

Here read yourself the tutorial that we as community have made. How to get Reservations 🙂 | Community

If you have further questions about a specific route please ask, but every country in Europe works in another way and have 2-3-4 ways to get the reservation. There is no only 1 way to get reservations. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

For Eurostar: you can book also via B-Europe, if you have a mobile pass you can request a cover number here: 

Badge

Angelo…..yes I’m aware that this is a community…..I’ve received more help here than from the nonexistent customer service so thank you. 
Yes, the last time I asked for some help was because the eurail site (weeks ago) would not accept my passes at all. Took me nearly 4 days of consistent trying to get it to work. And when someone responded they wanted screenshots of what was happening…..well, screenshots have all our personal info. I was telling the truth. 

There is no way I can make reservations on the Eurostar page with the eurail pass. Maybe interrail can be done but not eurail. I tried that before I asked for help. 
Im not able to make reservations o this one either https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

I tried Eurostar, SNCF, sncb, INOUI…..none work with a eurail pass. None of these sites accepts the 6 character pass code. When eurail finally did respond, they told me that I MUST book seats through them. 
When I tried the b-Europe site, I needed a train from Brussels to London St Pancras. Brussels does not show as valid. 

Badge

I’m now aware that eurail is down a lot…..thank you for that. It’s been extremely frustrating to have to spend half our time with “time-saving” things that don’t work properly. I’ve emailed customer service as well…..I do not expect a response until after I arrive home in August 

j

Badge

And thank you for the pass cover number generator!  I’ll be saving that in my favorites. So many things to learn…

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

First of all, nobody answering questions here is looking to steal your info. If someone suggested putting up a screenshot it is expected that you would blank out any personal details.

Now that you have posted more details it is clear where you are going wrong, you are using the incorrect part of the b-europe site. that link only works for non-eurostar services.

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish is the link to use for passholder Eurostar. You must also have a pass cover number to use b-europe which for a mobile pass can be got here https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations#/generatePassCoverNumber

Badge

The site you post here I tried as well…no luck there. Only full price tickets. Would not accept my pass. 
Much of what I need has been last minute…not much time to figure things out. By the next time I need to do this, I’ll bet things will change-again 🥴🥴

Badge

I’m so sorry…how does one “black out” info on a screenshot?  Print it then marker on the info, photo it again?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What routes are you trying to book now?

Badge

I believe my timing is just poor…..each time I tried to do anything…..on the individual sites, on the apps, on email, I hit a brick wall. This is why I became so frustrated!  Add no response from “customer service” to that list and 🤯🤯🤯

Last time I took trains was 2019  Got our passes from raileurope, then booked seats.  All came attached to emails with a “print” button for each.  That was a joy.  It’s becoming over complicated…..could not travel since then due to Covid…so many things have changed.  All I can do is hope it gets easier

j

Badge

AnnaB….I think I’m good now!  🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻
I was unaware that eurail had so many “downtime “ issues-usually when I’m trying to order something.    That’s my luck 🤯🤯🤯

Thank you all for any and all help 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you answer to the questions you will get help. Otherwise it is impossible to help you.

What route are you trying to make a reservation for?

Badge

AnnaB…..I’m good now. My reservations finally worked. Thank you!  I had 5 in my cart this morning….took about 3 hours of trying to pay.  It finally worked.