Sleeper car and seating car now available on SJ Euronight

• 6 December 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As from today it is possible to make Interrail/Eurail reservations for both seats, beds in sleeper and chouchette on the SJ Euronight between Stockholm and Hamburg Altona. For dates after the 10th of December, reservations can only be made at sj.se .

According to the information I have reservations will not be possible through ÖBB as there are problems with the communication between the ÖBB and SJ reservation systems.

Camilo. 1 year ago

Hi @AnnaB 

Thanks for this information. I will forward it, so we can post it on our website. I see that it is still possible to book through OBB, but only couchette and sleeper cabin, so no option to book seats. 

I wish you a lovely day! 

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Prices seem to be as follow:

I am looking to take the SJ sleeper from Malmo (23:25) to Hamburg (06:01) on Aug 3rd - 4th. Can anyone tell me what the price would be for a family of four sharing a private compartment if using Interrail pass? I haven’t bought mine yet - still weighing up if there’s a potential saving.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I am looking to take the SJ sleeper from Malmo (23:25) to Hamburg (06:01) on Aug 3rd - 4th. Can anyone tell me what the price would be for a family of four sharing a private compartment if using Interrail pass? I haven’t bought mine yet - still weighing up if there’s a potential saving.

Thanks!

Just make a “fake booking” with the Interrail Passcode I11111111 or I12345678

Thanks that’s a good trick to know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks that’s a good trick to know.

Most pages that ask for PassCodes like SJ Website or B-Europe accept these Numbers. (It´s strange that they ask for these Numbers as these are never printed on the reservations itself.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I see these prices for pass reservations:

Seat SEK 165

Couchette (C6) SEK 385

1 berth in Double SEK 830

Complete sleeper compartment for 1 or 2 people SEK 1499

There are also compartments with their toilet and shower but there doesn't seem to be an Interrail discount for them and you can only book them as a complete compartment for 1-3 people. Although I only get a price if I try  a booking for 1 person. Lowest price I've seen until now is SEK 4509.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are also compartments with their toilet and shower but there doesn't seem to be an Interrail discount for them and you can only book them as a complete compartment for 1-3 people. Although I only get a price if I try  a booking for 1 person. Lowest price I've seen until now is SEK 4509.

These are 1st class compartments and those you don't get an Interrail price for. SJ only has Interrail reservations for 2nd class sleepers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @AnnaB 

Thanks for this information. I will forward it, so we can post it on our website. I see that it is still possible to book through OBB, but only couchette and sleeper cabin, so no option to book seats. 

I wish you a lovely day! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @AnnaB 

I wish you a lovely day! 

@Camilo. The possibility to book through ÖBB is only until Dec 10th according to the information in the Swedish train holliday group on Facebook from where I get my information.

Once there is information that the ÖBB and SJ reservation systems start communicating properly I'll make a new post.