Solved

SNCF train reservation

Hello,
 I went to Slovenia for the holidays with the interrail pass and I am in the process of organizing my return.
 However, I encountered some problems when booking certain trains.
 Especially for a TGV between Munich HBF (Germany) and Paris Est (France) on Thursday 12 August.  It leaves at 06:46 AM and arrives at 12:33 AM and it has as reference the TGV 9576.
 When I am on the interrail booking tool, I cannot book the train.
 So I tried directly on the oui.sncf site, but again it was impossible to reserve only the seats.
 How would you proceed in this situation?

thanks in advance

M.Bouchet

icon

Best answer by Mathéo 5 August 2021, 19:02

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am not sure if a ticket office in Slovenia sells this reservation, but you may try your luck in Ljubljana/Maribor.

Yes I have already been to Ljubljana station to ask but they cannot book this ticket for me.

No surprise unfortunately. In August they couldn't even sell a reservation for a train in Croatia.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Sven  Here a general overview of TGV Reservations 🙂TGV Reservations the reservations from to Germany have a fixed price :)

I'm only seeing this post now 🤦🤦🤦

It is an interesting link, although the information is no longer up to date. So I see that the price for the TGV Luxembourg - Marseille is 10 euros and no longer 6 euros.

Unfortunately, this train is not a real alternative to avoid the expensive surcharges when you depart from Brussels.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Sven  Here a general overview of TGV Reservations 🙂TGV Reservations the reservations from to Germany have a fixed price :)

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Mathéo

You can also call DB Bahn.
I think you will also be able to book this train through them...

Please use the contact details below if you have any questions about the following topics:

International bookings on bahn.de or bahn.com
International travel connections
Other issues relating to international rail travel
DB's service number +49 30 2970; (costs depend on provider), or use our contact form.

Thank you for your answers and your efficiency, but in the end I managed to find someone in France who was able to go to the station and buy the seat for me so this problem is half resolved for the next ones.

Is your ticket already reserved?

If so, how much did you have to pay?

Hi Mathéo,

on the SNCF website it is not possible.
I am not sure if a ticket office in Slovenia sells this reservation, but you may try your luck in Ljubljana/Maribor.
Otherwise try in Austria or Germany on your way back if you have some chance. In Germany it is for sure possible (if the ticket office is open at the time). In Austria I am not sure, as with the new ticketing system they sell almost nothing abroad anymore… unfortunately.

Thank you for your answers and your efficiency, but in the end I managed to find someone in France who was able to go to the station and buy the seat for me so this problem is half resolved for the next ones.

@Mathéo

Please use the contact details below if you have any questions about the following topics:

DB's service number +49 30 2970; (costs depend on provider), or use our contact form.

Hi Mathéo,

Otherwise try in Austria or Germany on your way back if you have some chance. In Germany it is for sure possible (if the ticket office is open at the time). In Austria I am not sure, as with the new ticketing system they sell almost nothing abroad anymore… unfortunately.

Yes I have already been to Ljubljana station to ask but they cannot book this ticket for me.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

@Mathéo

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

I have already tried to call several times even when opening but each time it says that all lines are busy and it hangs up after a few minutes.  Isn't there a way to do it directly on the SNCF website?

No, I myself have no experience with calling the reservation number of sncf. But there's no other option, if I'm not mistaken.
Either call Scnf or book your ticket at an international counter in a station.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi Mathéo,

I have already tried to call several times even when opening but each time it says that all lines are busy and it hangs up after a few minutes.  Isn't there a way to do it directly on the SNCF website?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

You can call SNCF to make a reservation, see link.
Or else book at an international counter in a station ...

With interrail it doesn't work anymore because the departure date is too close to the current date, I think.

https://www.sncf.com/fr/service-client/nous-contacter/telephone