Solved

State not appearing in mailing address at reservation checkout

The bots couldn’t help me so I’m hoping the community can. I’m on the Eurail site ordering a seat reservation for a Narbonne to Madrid train which requires the seat reservation to be mailed to me,  At checkout I selected my state from the drop down menu, but then on the travelers details page which shows the mailing address the state is not appearing.  Instead there is the number 16 where the state should be.  I tried going back and reentering my mailing address several times but it keeps replacing my state with the number 16 on the travelers details section for mailing. I am hoping someone can assure me that this is normal for states in mailing addresses to be replaced by a two digit number under traveler details for seat reservations. Thank you in advance for your help. I’ll await a response before completing the transaction.

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 11 August 2022, 14:39

View original

5 replies

The bots couldn’t help me so I’m hoping the community can. I’m on the Eurail site ordering a seat reservation for a Narbonne to Madrid train which requires the seat reservation to be mailed to me,  At checkout I selected my state from the drop down menu, but then on the travelers details page which shows the mailing address the state is not appearing.  Instead there is the number 16 where the state should be.  I tried going back and reentering my mailing address several times but it keeps replacing my state with the number 16 on the travelers details section for mailing. I am hoping someone can assure me that this is normal for states in mailing addresses to be replaced by a two digit number under traveler details for seat reservations. Thank you in advance for your help. I’ll await a response before completing the transaction.

Is this normal for the state to appear as a two digit number for the mailing address? I select the state on the drop down menu when putting in the US mailing address but on the pages that follow for traveler details in the mailing address it doesn’t show the state just the number 16. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

is not this 5 digit postal code enough to determine the town? Was not it that the 66 determines the ´state´?-probably not, there are just 50.

I am not US, but f.e. here in NL the 4-digit+ 2 letters postal code + only house nr is enough to find every adress in the whole country. No cityname/streetname etc needed.

BTW-its extremely UNwise to let it go this way-there are numerous other ways-mostly all online, to handle it. For the common routes that all newbees seem to think they have to take, they are all explained many times-in this forum. Dear sebastian seewulf has even spent time to make a kind of FAQ on it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Maybe it's too late now but this reservation is best booked by phone via SNCF. Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservation is sent by e-mail.

Thank you. Unfortunately I do not have international phone service, but for those who do, that sounds like a good alternative to ordering this reservation from Eurail & having it mailed. As an update the seat reservation has made it by post to the US & should arrive later this week.  I believe the number 16 corresponds to the state.  As a previous contributor commented, the zip code should get it here even if they left off the state. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello, I realize that this information is too late to be useful, but just in case other US Eurailers were wondering the same thing: We are aware of this issue. The best way to circumvent it is to enter the state manually after the town and to leave the state section empty. Our team will manually adjust this when they print the shipping label :)