Solved

TGV 9570 Germany to France Reservation? Where can I book?

• 25 December 2021
  • 3 replies

The train TGV 9570 from Germany to France on 28th December 6:52PM says cannot reserve on the Interrail seat reservation online system.

Can I find reservations at the counter? Or does it mean that the reservations are not available for pass holders even if I get it done offline through a manned sales of DB?

Also is there any other way? As I really need to reserve it and travel 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 25 December 2021, 15:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

FROM several other same-same items-also on this forum: all these INTernat. trains, ICE or TGV, can only be reserved IN person and showing the pass, at any sytaffed DB-counter. The surcharge depends on the chosen route and is usually at last 20 eur. Even today on Weihnachten=Xmas many big-city DB counters will be open.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

FROM several other same-same items-also on this forum: all these INTernat. trains, ICE or TGV, can only be reserved IN person and showing the pass, at any sytaffed DB-counter.

This is not correct. The TGV/ICE trains between Germany and France can also be booked online via Eurail. Please always check before you make any statements.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The train TGV 9570 from Germany to France on 28th December 6:52PM says cannot reserve on the Interrail seat reservation online system.

Can I find reservations at the counter? Or does it mean that the reservations are not available for pass holders even if I get it done offline through a manned sales of DB?

Also is there any other way? As I really need to reserve it and travel 

For TGV 9570 Stuttgart - Paris on 28 December: it looks like there are no seats for pass holders left. There are still seats on this train on 29 December.

Where do you need to go? Strasbourg? Paris? Do you start in Stuttgart?

You can always get to Strasbourg without reservations using a regional train for the last part. Use the DB planner and enter "via Appenweier” to see these options (almost every hour)

If you wan to go to Paris, there are still some TGVs Strasbourg - Paris with some seats for pass holders. The Eurail website does not show them for some reason but the Belgian Railways website does.