Solved

TGV booking problems

• 21 July 2021
  • 3 replies

I'm trying to book a 13:30 train from Strasbourg to Nice, fr but when I click the review order button online I repeatedly receive a message saying "one of the legs of your trip could not be booked." I don't understand what is causing this message to appear and why it's preventing me from reserving my spot on the train. Though the train is schedule for later today, its departure time is still more than 3 hours from now, and the website said many open seats were still available. Why is this message appearing? I've tried 3 or 4 other booking too and all gave me the same message.

icon

Best answer by Nanja 22 July 2021, 09:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On certain French trains, there are only limited seats available for Interrail and Eurail Pass holders. More information can be found here. It also includes a list of alternative options if your train is fully booked. Cheers, 

Its a domestic TGV and till yet they hadnt a limited seats for Railpassholders :/ 

That used to be the case but not anymore AFAIK, since the 20 EUR passholder fare was introduced. On the page with more information, domestic TGVs aren't mentioned as trains with limited seats for pass holders. Although InterCité trains are mentioned there and that seems strange.

Anyway, if you're in France, the best is to book at an SNCF ticket office. Otherwise, the SNCF phone  service can also help:
https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

In both cases, you also avoid the extra fees.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

On certain French trains, there are only limited seats available for Interrail and Eurail Pass holders. More information can be found here. It also includes a list of alternative options if your train is fully booked. Cheers, 

Its a domestic TGV and till yet they hadnt a limited seats for Railpassholders :/ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8