Solved

Thalys train Amsterdam to Paris - no train options

• 22 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Trying to book through b-europe because it won’t let me through Eurail. Literally no train options come up even though they did a week ago? The train isn’t sold out because going through b-europe the normal way (not the pass fare way) shows they are still available. Very frustrated because my only other option is to book in person, two days before we are set to leave Amsterdam.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 June 2022, 17:01

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Pass holder seats on Thalys are limited. They sell out before the train is full. Certainly Fridays are very busy so I'm not surprised. Booking in person will not change that.

The first available direct train Amsterdam - Paris is on Monday 27 June at 19:15. From Antwerp also on the 27th but a bit earlier. From Brussels on Saturday 25 June at 15:16. You can use the hourly intercity (no reservations) to get to Brussels.

On Friday, you can still travel via Lille. Use the hourly intercity connections to get there, e.g.:

From Lille, there are still many available trains:

(Availability for 2 persons)

(Do note that Lille has 2 stations: Lille Flandres and Lille Europe. TGVs to Paris depart from both.)

Pass holder seats on Thalys are limited. They sell out before the train is full. Certainly Fridays are very busy so I'm not surprised. Booking in person will not change that.

The first available direct train Amsterdam - Paris is on Monday 27 June at 19:15. From Antwerp also on the 27th but a bit earlier. From Brussels on Saturday 25 June at 15:16. You can use the hourly intercity (no reservations) to get to Brussels.

On Friday, you can still travel via Lille. Use the hourly intercity connections to get there, e.g.:

From Lille, there are still many available trains:

(Availability for 2 persons)

(Do note that Lille has 2 stations: Lille Flandres and Lille Europe. TGVs to Paris depart from both.)

What website are you using? I’m actually trying to book for July 1st. But for some reason it isn’t showing any trains for that entire weekend.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

To check Thalys availability:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

To check French domestic TGV availability:

https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish

Both sites will only show trains with availability. Keep clicking on "Earlier trains” or "Later trains” to find the first or last available train. Availability Amsterdam - Paris in 2nd class looks like this around that weekend:

Amsterdam - Paris for 2 persons

For Antwrp - Paris, it's not much better:

Antwerp - Paris for 2 persons

From Brussels, it looks like this:

Brussels - Paris for 2 persons

You can't catch the 6:42 departure though from Amsterdam.

So for a journey on 1 July, that leaves the again the route via Lille:

Lille - Paris for 2 persons