Solved

Train arrival searching engine or paper (poster) timetables

• 14 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,

I don't know if anyone has encountered a similar problem, so I'll describe it here:

I'm in the early stages of planning my trip with Interrail. I know that I want to go to place Y (let's say: Barcelona, for example), and I know that the train to that city leaves at 8pm from city X (let's say: Paris, for example).

So, I plan a 6-hour stop in Paris, and I want to check the trains that arrive in Paris at 2pm. At the station in such a situation, I go to read the paper timetable, and there I have this information. But where can I find such information on the internet?

My problem is that I can't search for a specific connection to Paris (let's say: form Amsterdam, for example), because I don't know yet whether I'll be leaving from Amsterdam, Rome, Cologne or Zurich (or yet another city).

For PKP (Polish railways) I can search for poster timetables (identical to the schedule at the station) here: https://portalpasazera.pl/en/Plakaty (you have to enter the station names in Polish, for example: “Warszawa”, not “Warsaw”). This is a good solution. For SNCF (French railways) I can find the arrival and departure board (for example: https://www.sncf.com/fr/gares/perpignan/OCE87784009/departs-arrivees/gl/arrivees), but it works only for the nearest connections (probably it's not true, but I can't change the time. Can anyone help me?).

So, my question is – what ways do you know to check station arrivals for stations in different European countries? Any train arrival browser, or search engine for paper timetables?

I hope for lots of answers, we can work together to create a list of countries and search options for those countries!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 14 September 2021, 14:13

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

You can use for every country the timetable tool of the national carrier. 

For Austria (and some other neighbours with live updates, one of the best timetable engines), Germany, Switzerland and others: fahrplan.oebb.at, bahn.de, sbb.ch, ns.nl, dsb.dk, sj.se, vy.no, trenitalia.com, cd.cz and so on. 

Austrian fahrplan.oebb.at is exactly what I was looking for, thanks! It works not only for the nearest neighbours, but for all cities in Europe (that I have checked so far) and has the option to display stations arrivals. It works not only for the nearest neighbours, but for all cities in Europe (that I have checked so far) and has the option to display station arrivals.

Carrier sites usually don't have it, which is why I asked my question.

But still, if anyone knows where to find "poster" ("paper") timetables – I would be very happy to receive a link :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I use DB Navigator the app of German rail for such searchings
fahrplan.oebb.at offer the Scotty app for that :) both use almost the same servers :)