Solved

Traveling from Geneva to Spain, every connection ''reservation unavailable''

• 14 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello! I’m needing to travel from Geneva, Switzerland to Barcelona, Spain on the 17th of July 2022. I’ve been checking everyday  but every given route has reservations unavailable. Does anyone know if there are any alternate routes to Barcelona I can take? I have an extra travel day if needed. Thank you for any help!

icon

Best answer by Angelo 14 July 2022, 10:57

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Use local trains TER from Geneva to Lyon (no reservation needed and possible). Than change in Lyon on a TGV or AVE high speed service to Perpignan (reservation needed - if seats are left. no max. quota for pass users like for cross border rides). From Perpignan use TER local trains to Portbou and from there local trains to Barcelona. (both reservation no possible). 

To plan use a general website like ssb.ch or bahn.com. For Spanish side sometimes trains are missing in the planners. Use renfe.com 

For the reservation of the TGV use eurail.com or https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish (you need for b-europe a paper pass cover number, if you have a mobile pass you get get one here: