icon

Best answer by MartinM 21 September 2021, 13:23

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Ana,

that counts as one journey.
You can do as many changes as you need to get out of your country. Only important thing is that you go in one-direction. So e.g. not first from Madrid to Sevilla and then from Sevilla to Barcelona, but direct from Madrid to Barcelona and then further ;-)
So the trip you planned is possible :).

Badge

I need to make a reservation fo go from Barcelona to Nimes.

This is the outbound journey to get to France with my France pass.

The company of national trains in Spain say that they can't book the reservation for me. But neither can the interrail page.

Where do I make the reservation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Spanish railways IS able to make this reservation (or at least, they were until very recently). Who claimed they couldn't? Maybe the problem was just that the person you spoke didn't know how to do it.

For which day/train do you need it?

Badge

They have told me both in person and by phone that they can’t make the reservation.

The person that I spoke to booked me other trains like Montpellier-Barcelona, she said she could do those reservations because there was some kind of agreement between companies but that the train to Nimes she couln’t do.

I need the train Barcelona-Nimes at 10:05 wednesday 24th

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Ana Nieto Santos  please note that a One Country Pass France doesn´t cover your journey from Spain to France as the One Countrypass is only valid in France itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

They have told me both in person and by phone that they can’t make the reservation.

The person that I spoke to booked me other trains like Montpellier-Barcelona, she said she could do those reservations because there was some kind of agreement between companies but that the train to Nimes she couln’t do.

I need the train Barcelona-Nimes at 10:05 wednesday 24th

Looks like for that one the quota for Interrail is sold out. Better take the 8:15 train or travel via Port-Bou.

Badge

@Ana Nieto Santos  please note that a One Country Pass France doesn´t cover your journey from Spain to France as the One Countrypass is only valid in France itself.

Interrail support team has informed me that the inbound-outbound journeys are included in the one country pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interrail support team has informed me that the inbound-outbound journeys are included in the one country pass.

That's incorrect. They are NOT included in a one country pass.

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/what-is-interrail/travel-your-own-country

HI there, 

I am about to do travel to France with a one country ticket. 

I see in someones response that the one country ticket doesn't cover an inbound and outbound journey. 

Because your message is 8 months old I would like to ask if you figured out if it is or isn't possible to have an in and outbound journey within an one country pass?

Hope to hear from you soon!

X

Isabel

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Isabel, you cannot use the One Country Pass to travel to or from the country your Pass is valid in. The One Country Pass is only valid for travel with participating train, ferry and public transport companies in the country covered by your Pass. This is also mentioned on the One Country Pass pages under general conditions

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Depending on what your plans are, you could do an exchange to global pass:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/ordering-info/refund-exchange-policy