Solved

Trouble booking seat reservations 'Paris Nord- Amsterdam; 'no price results''

I'm trying to make a reservation from Hendaye to Amsterdam. I’ve been having trouble reserving for Paris Nord to Amsterdam. Prices were unavailable for a couple of days and now it says "No price results were found for this connection. It is possible that all pass holder seats are sold out. Please try searching for another connection or check 'More information' and try other ways to book this seat reservation. If no pass holder seats are available anymore you need to buy a separate full fare ticket to board." Can someone help me with this? It sounds ridiculous that seats are available but you’d need to still buy a full ticket when you already bought Interrail.

I’ve been trying to reach a human support from Interrail, but the chat bots are broken as well. After asking for my name they either get an error or stop replying at all.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 16 June 2022, 15:47

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You should be able to call  b-europe and make the reservation. No need of Pass Cover Number.

The phone call is rather expensive.

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Contact/Contact-Centre

The best way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

You should be able to call  b-europe and make the reservation. No need of Pass Cover Number.

The phone call is rather expensive.

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Contact/Contact-Centre

The best way to make reservations for French trains is to call SNCF. No need of Pass Cover Number. 

https://www.sncf.com/en/customer-service/contact-us/telephone

Press #85 for English, no booking fees, reservations are sent via e-mail

Thanks, so should I call b-europe or SNCF? 🤔 

It seemed to be working but when I tried to add to cart it gave an error. Now it’s just showing “Prices temporarily unavailable Check back in a few hours to see prices and book this seat reservation.” again without the longer message I got before. Why is this system so terrible? I get why nobody takes the train now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It is usually rather easy to make reservations if you don't use the Interrail/Eurail website. 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website. You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please create a new topic with your travel details (departure date, time and route) and you will get advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks, so should I call b-europe or SNCF? 🤔 

SNCF is cheaper, but they don't accept all credit cards. Start with SNCF and if it doesn't work out there you can call b-europe  

SNCF kicked me off with some French message after a while 😅 I asked some agency and they say the train is full “for Interrail pass holders”, but it’s not actually full. What a ridiculous system. Do you think I’d still be able to make a reservation through SNCF if it’s “full”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

SNCF kicked me off with some French message after a while 😅 I asked some agency and they say the train is full “for Interrail pass holders”, but it’s not actually full. What a ridiculous system. Do you think I’d still be able to make a reservation through SNCF if it’s “full”?

@eurail123456 Did you get a message in French when you made #85 when calling SNCF? They should answer in English there.

Some trains have only a limited number of pass holder seats, but I don't know if that is the case for your train.

I booked a flight now. Interrail is bullshit. Thanks for all your help though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

TLS=these TGV lookalike Hi-speed trains from SNCF that do the runs to Ams and Köln from P, are in dire trouble since a few days/week, as several sets must be repaired and I have also read that many normal customers with fix bookings had to be disappointed. USAer merely show their ignorance by then flying-the ALT in rails has also been told here so many times, is a lot cheaper too: TGV till LIlle, then via Antwerpen, but it will take a little longer, but give more nice views.

TLS=these TGV lookalike Hi-speed trains from SNCF that do the runs to Ams and Köln from P, are in dire trouble since a few days/week, as several sets must be repaired and I have also read that many normal customers with fix bookings had to be disappointed. USAer merely show their ignorance by then flying-the ALT in rails has also been told here so many times, is a lot cheaper too: TGV till LIlle, then via Antwerpen, but it will take a little longer, but give more nice views.

I’m a Dutch guy that just tries to use trains, but they make it really hard. We won an Interrail ticket vacation but this whole system is terrible. We’re already coming from San Sebastian to Hendaye to Paris to Amsterdam, so also going over Lille and Antwerp is not an option, it’s already nearly 10 hours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You could also have called NS...