Solved

Unable to do the Reservation - Paris - Zurich

Hi I am unable to do the reservation. it is showing me as $0. I have bought the global pass for 7days in month.

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 10 May 2022, 07:30

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You'll need to change in Basel SBB because of engineering works in Switzerland. That's also why a reservation is only possible until Basel. I don't understand why SBB still haven't sent their changed timetables to the European Timetable Centre though. They have known this for more than a month now but stil only show it in their own timetable.

As the train you are on is going to Zürich you can stay on the train. You will have to add the trip from Basel SBB to Zürich as a trip in the app.

Hi Anna,

Thanks a lot. it works, i have added the trip in app from Basel to Zurich in the same train.

i am wondering then why in the first place i am unable to book from Paris to Zurich😂.

anyways thanks everyone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As the train you are on is going to Zürich you can stay on the train. You will have to add the trip from Basel SBB to Zürich as a trip in the app.

I saw in another post on the community that it might work if you try to make the reservation to Basel SBB instead of Zürich so start by trying that.

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your prompt reply. in this case i have to book another journey from Basel BB to Zurich? correct.?

No, you don't need a reservation from Basel tp Zurich. Trains in Switzerland have only optional reservation, also TGV, ICE, IC

Thanks Angelo,

understand there is no reservation required  from Basel to Zurich.

but i just to confirm that i need to change the train. Means from Paris to Basel alight there and transfer to another train from Basel to Zurich… right

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I saw in another post on the community that it might work if you try to make the reservation to Basel SBB instead of Zürich so start by trying that.

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your prompt reply. in this case i have to book another journey from Basel BB to Zurich? correct.?

No, you don't need a reservation from Basel tp Zurich. Trains in Switzerland have only optional reservation, also TGV, ICE, IC

Hi Anna,

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

OR even use the TGV  to Lausanne-only as far as Frasne=last stop in FR-and change into local train to Bern-and onward In the Swiss.

In the past with a printed timetablebook (assuming you were able to decifer it) people could even be so smart to find this out all by themselves. BTW-these books do still exist and cover about all of EUR, including about anywhere the usual 1st time USA goes to

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Or you can also buy a reservation till Mullhouse and change there to TER services (no reservation needed) to Basel SBB, and change to IC3 /ICE/TGV/EC to Zurich (no reservation needed in Switzerland, only optional). 

You can also go with TGV or ICE to Strasbourg (reservation needed) and change in Strasbourg to an TER to Basel SBB (no reservation possible) and then to IC3 /ICE/TGV/EC to Zurich (optional reservation). 

In both cases you pay less for the reservation. Only 10€ till a quota or 20€. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As it says in the information text there might not be any seats left in the quota for Eurail/Interrail pass holders on that specific departure. Try to make a reservation on a different time or a different day.