Solved

Unable to purchase night train tickets on website

HI I'm trying to book a seat reservation on the night train from Krakow to Budapest on the 18th of July and still this website doesn't give me that option. I have tried to book it on CD but i get to the last step and it says the ticket isn’t available at this price. It’s frustrating that i have an Interrail pass and i can’t book seat reservations on their website. 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 22 May 2022, 10:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IF you aim to travel further into this region you will note that about any train will be NON-REServ online-its old-fashioned go to counter. Fears that trains are ´full´ asa it opens for RES is of course complete nonsense.

Its also quite possible that for here the polish rule still reins: only from 30 days advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As @rvdborgt  suggest :) As backup you could use the reservation service of the Polish  Ticket agency PolRail (but they charge a service fee) and because of that i recommend to book as rvdborgt suggested to reserve at a Station elsewhere.
The train should be open for bookings / reservations 60days in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There's a small change in the timetable on 12 June, but it still runs after that.

But there seems to be a general problem. I can't even book this train in the coming week. Not via Interrail nor CD nor ZSSK. I'd suggest to check again tomorrow and see if this problem remains.

Alternatively, this train can be booked at many ticket offices, e.g. in Germany, Austria, Poland. Depending on where you come first, you can book this train there. For Austria and Germany, you can book via phone and then collect the reservation at a ticket machine. DB phone number: +49 30 2970; ÖBB phone number: +43 5 1717.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

When I look at the details of the train I can't see any information after the 10 th of June.

Hopefully @rvdborgt or @seewulf  can give you an answer on why it looks like this.