Solved

What happens to my reservation if I cancel my mobile ticket to get a paper pass?

• 26 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello everybody,

I have booked my pass as a mobile ticket, only to then find out that my phone is too old for the Rail Planner-App. So now I need to cancel my ticket again to buy myself a paper pass instead. But I have already made a reservation for the Eurostar from London to Bruxelles and am anxious to lose that as there are only a limited number of seats available for people with interrail passes. Does anybody know if I will lose my reservation when I cancel my pass?

Thank you so much for your help!

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 26 November 2022, 11:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

When are you planning to travel? Paper passes take about a month to get shipped to you.

Oh no. I was starting on the 15th of December.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Reservations are separate from your pass. So your reservation stays valid, in combination with a valid pass of course. 

Is there a way to buy paper passes at a ticket counter somewhere in the UK? Maybe @Yorkie or @cdwatkins19 might know. 

Alright. Thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Reservations are separate from your pass. So your reservation stays valid, in combination with a valid pass of course. 

Is there a way to buy paper passes at a ticket counter somewhere in the UK? Maybe @Yorkie or @cdwatkins19 might know. 

There are no counter sales for passes in UK.

The UK based agency https://www.myinterrail.co.uk/ who are National Rail’s accredited sales agency for interrail passes offer fast (often next day) shipping for paper passes and will be much quicker for paper passes than buying direct from Eurail BV.

Remember that paper passes will require the start dated to be fixed when buying and cannot be subsequently changed.

Your current reservations will be fine to use with a replacement pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

IN GB nowhere direct via a counter/office.

BUT there are still a few trusted old-style railticket agencies, often best known by railfans, and these promise to send-if paid extra even by express-mail, paper passes asap as money has been received by them. For IN GB that would only take a day or 2-3 I guess. I only remember Ffestiniog travel, but there may be more. Yorkie and Al-G probably know better. Or try railforums.co.uk. Or maybe even listings on seat61.com