Solved

where are my seat reservations?!!!!!!!

• 27 November 2022
  • 9 replies

I booked seat reservations for all of my travel plans of next weekend and never received confirmation of payment or the tickets but the money was taken out of my account. Where are my seat reservations?!!!!! At this pace of interrail induced mistakes I feel like flying Ryanair might not be so uncomfortable after all! 😡🤬😡😡😡

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 28 November 2022, 12:22

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you checked your spam folder and your Interrail account?

I guess that you made your reservations at the Interrail website? This is a known problem there and one of the reasons why the experienced travellers in the community recommend you to avoid making reservations through Interrail if possible.

You should contact Customer Support and ask for a refund of the money paid. Use the form below. 

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here is some useful information from the experienced travellers in the Community regarding both planning, reservations and activation of pass and travel days. 

Planning

The rail planner is normally not up to date, as it only is updated once a month, so to be sure of the time table you better check the timetable and availability on the websites of the national railways. The bigger national railways, like DB (Germany) SBB (Switzerland) and ÖBB (Austria) cover several countries. 

Reservations 

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is to use other ways to make reservations than the Interrail/Eurail website.  You can look at the guide in the link:

https://community.eurail.com/train-connections-reservations-47/how-to-get-reservations-105

If you, after having looked at the guide, have questions about how to make specific reservation, please give your travel details (departure date, time and route) preferably in a new topic, and you will get advice.

Please note that Interrail/Eurail charges an extra fee of 2 EUR per person and train in addition to the fee for the seat reservation.

Activation of pass

During the activation process, when you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days if you have activated the pass in advance.

It can be wise to make a test and activate the pass with a start date well in the future and then deactivate the pass immediately, just to see that everything works.

Activation of travel day

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass and create the ticket (QR code), until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And instead of that RYAN there is also like EasyJet - VUeling - WIZZair etc.with low fares and much less hassle.

Userlevel 1
Badge

And instead of that RYAN there is also like EasyJet - VUeling - WIZZair etc.with low fares and much less hassle.

Certainly not much less hassle with Wizzair as they are notorious for cancelling flights. And they do care about doing so more than 14 days before planned departure so that you can't claim compensation.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @Nielsvtk 

As @AnnaB, I would check the Spam, sometimes the reservations land there somehow. If this is not the case, could you please contact the customer service of Eurail? We will be happy to assist your request. 

Have a lovely day!

I booked seat reservations for all of my travel plans of next weekend and never received confirmation of payment or the tickets but the money was taken out of my account. Where are my seat reservations?!!!!! At this pace of interrail induced mistakes I feel like flying Ryanair might not be so uncomfortable after all! 😡🤬😡😡😡

I don’t know why this problem is occurring, my payment has been deducted from my account but no confirmation regarding seat reservation. I am disappointed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I don’t know why this problem is occurring, my payment has been deducted from my account but no confirmation regarding seat reservation. I am disappointed. 

Do you see the reservation in the Reservations Overview in your account?

If so, then you should be able to download your reservation from there, of it's an electronic reservation.

If not, then please contact customer service to ask them what's going on:

Also mention your travel date, so they can prioritise your request correctly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@john123marshal 

Have you checked your spam folder?

Do you see the reservation in the Reservations Overview in your account?

If so, then you should be able to download your reservation from there, of it's an electronic reservation.

If not, then please contact customer service to ask them what's going on:

Also mention your travel date, so they can prioritise your request correctly.

Okay I will. Thanks